90 Litre Tank Stocking

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Avocet

AC Members
Jul 30, 2014
I sort of want one more species in my tank but I'm not sure if I could get one more in this tank and those that are small enough are so small that they can't really be kept with other species. If any of you have ideas please feel free to tell me. If not, I'll have 10 Harlequin Rasbora,3 Honey gourami and 6 Peppered Cory along with some Cherry shrimp and maybe a couple of snails to help with algae. although I'm not yet sure what sort of snails. Maybe zebra nerite if I can find them.

Avocet

AC Members
Jul 30, 2014
I guess instead of another species I could get another female honey gourami so that would be: 3-4 Honey Gourami, 8 Harlequin Rasbora, 6 Peppered Cory, 2 Snails and about 10 cherry shrimp but if any of you have ideas for other species please let me know. Maybe 3 Platys with 3 Honeys, 6 Harlequins and 5 Peppered Cory or 6 Julii Cory. I'm not sure which though. If I did get Platys, it would be three females so they don't breed although I have heard of them being pregnant straight from the shop.

Last edited:

Avocet

AC Members
Jul 30, 2014
Well I guess I could get a male and 2 females and let the fry take their chances with the other fish.

Avocet

AC Members
Jul 30, 2014
gmh, does that sound like a good stocking? 6 Harlequin Rasbora, 6 Peppered Cory, 3 Honey Gouramim 1 Apistogramma Cacatuoides and some Cherry Shrimp.

Avocet

AC Members
Jul 30, 2014
I just tested my water. My ammonia is between 0 and 0.25 ppm ( maybe about 0.2 or 0.15), my nitrite is about the same and my nitrate is about 4 or 5 ppm (it's between 0 and 5). How are those readings looking for 2 or 3 days of cycling?

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store