a couple of my loaches

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I ordered the 6 loaches & with some self control, nothing else. The woman I talked to said they get 50 of them at a time but they are often preordered so never go on their stock list.

They should be shipped today! I'm back to excited :D

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
That's both very unfortunate but also lucky because a skinny fish is a red flag for sickness, which you'd like to avoid, especially if short on space for longterm quarantine.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Yeah, I never buy sick looking fish or the fish in that tank/system. Treating any disease can be iffy, expensive & a lot of work. That's part of my hesitation buying by mail.

I appreciate Wet Spot calling & suggesting maybe to cancel. This second person said slightly different things than the 1 this am. She said they're newer & don't get them often; I said I got them there in 2016. The am 1 said they get 50 at a time "often" I think (maybe only in winter? That tends to be loach season for some wild caught fish).

I can understand why they're now "popular" loaches; pretty, medium sized, unusual, non-aggressive.

I was tempted by cute little pangio cuneovirgata but I don't have a suitable tank. Botia kubotai & histrionica & a few others I've either had or want. Plus some non-loaches too...of course I looked for sarawakensis rasboras, out of stock.

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
I like to believe things happen for a reason. Perhaps they'll come up again and you'll be able to get more than just 6, never know

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I'm hoping, but I'm patient...My plant club is meeting soon in a newish far shop. I have a little list of fish I'd like & have room for now. I've only been there once but I liked it.

Cass, you know I'll be looking for Sarawakensis rasboras...but I want a good sized group...fingers crossed!

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Definitely recommend 12+ they got a bit of a chasey type attitude, without the damage. They do like to spar and chase, so having lots of them to disperse it is a good idea.

Reactions: FreshyFresh

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
That "no damage" is partly why I love rasboras over tetras. Tetras have teeth at the very front of their mouths; rasbora teeth are farther back. They can't do very much to other fish.

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Mine do well with the elderly cherry barbs, they can hold their own if the two younger boys get rowdy and bossy.

They can dish out whatever right back. They have a backbone and they're very active.

My harlies are nice but they do lack that spunk that the sarawaks have.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I also liked my rasbora borapetensis. Similar to whiteclouds in a way, I think their common name is red tailed rasbora. It's been a long time since I kept them but I loved them. While I'll always love harlies, I think I may have loved espei rasboras even more. Just a little smaller & more coppery than harley orange.

So many nice fish I've yet to keep or have already...What will be next? Maybe I'll know in a week. It's fun to be excited about what may be my future fish or a return to old favs...it's been a while...

• Love
Reactions: NoodleCats
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store