A couple of newbie questions...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

stingray4540

Hello, Hello, Helloooo!
Oct 18, 2005
San Jose, CA
www.geocities.com
No. I have never ordered from them. I just like to reserch my fish at that site because it has pretty comprehensive info on a lot of fish. Some fish I have only been able to find info on there. They say they guarentee there fish to arive alive, but I don't know how and I probably wouldn't try it unless they had something that I really wanted and couldn't find locally. They also seem to be a little expensive. But good info on lots of fish. By the way. Is that a pic of you as your avetar?

RobertA

AC Members
Oct 31, 2005
stingray4540 said:
No. I have never ordered from them. I just like to reserch my fish at that site because it has pretty comprehensive info on a lot of fish. Some fish I have only been able to find info on there. They say they guarentee there fish to arive alive, but I don't know how and I probably wouldn't try it unless they had something that I really wanted and couldn't find locally. They also seem to be a little expensive. But good info on lots of fish. By the way. Is that a pic of you as your avetar?
Thought so... Don't you think it's rather amusing that they send their fish by mail :laugh: It's also prety saddening because of the fish.

Yeah, that's me lol :eek: (I'm only 14)

Last edited:

RobertA

AC Members
Oct 31, 2005
homer3d455840 said:
All fish have to be shipped from the breeders...how do you think they get to the stores?
It's not the same...When they're shipped from the breeders the deliveres take special care *or at least they try to* to deliver the fish alive.

stingray4540

Hello, Hello, Helloooo!
Oct 18, 2005
San Jose, CA
www.geocities.com
homer3d455840 said:
All fish have to be shipped from the breeders...how do you think they get to the stores?
I dont know about other stores but my lfs's get there fish from a couple of different local breeders. But I guess store that aren't in the city have to get them shipped? I duh no. I'd just rather get them from a store so I can see them and pick out the one I want.

H3D

Philosopher
Aug 28, 2005
Ohio
stingray4540 said:
I dont know about other stores but my lfs's get there fish from a couple of different local breeders. But I guess store that aren't in the city have to get them shipped?
I live in a major city and some fish still have to be shipped. There a some species of fish that are easier to attain or are only available through capture in their natural habitat...Such as most loaches...does your store not carry these?

RobertA

AC Members
Oct 31, 2005
homer3d455840 said:
I live in a major city and some fish still have to be shipped. There a some species of fish that are easier to attain or are only available through capture in their natural habitat...Such as most loaches...does your store not carry these?
So you get something like a little box in the mail containing a small plastic fish container when you order your fish?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store