A couple of newbie questions...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

H3D

Philosopher
Aug 28, 2005
Ohio
RobertA said:
So you get something like a little box in the mail containing a small plastic fish container when you order your fish?
First of all they come Fed Ex...not the same as mail...Second here is their description of how they are packed:
Packaging & Transit
Once the animals in your order have been selected for shipment, they're carefully placed in new freshwater or seawater of the proper pH and specific gravity inside multiple poly bags with thick liners to limit the chances of punctures or leaks. The bags are then filled with pure oxygen and sealed with a special aluminum fastener for an air and watertight seal. From there the bags are placed in special insulated coolers to maintain a stable temperature during the transit, and warmers or ice packs are used to compensate for extreme temperatures depending on the season. The cooler is placed in a corrugated cardboard box for proper identification of the contents, and then the package is shipped overnight to arrive at your door the following day.

Last edited:

Roan Art

AC Members
Oct 7, 2005
Northern VA
bowheads.org
RobertA said:
Thought so... Don't you think it's rather amusing that they send their fish by mail :laugh: It's also prety saddening because of the fish.

Yeah, that's me lol :eek: (I'm only 14)
I've ordered quite a few fish from them and they've always come to me in great condition. I had 1 DOA Cherry Fire Shrimp and they credited my account.

The fish are shipped Fed Ex, overnight, and I always specify before 10am delivery.

Your minimum order is $29.00, regardless of the number of fish.

It's quite safe to order from them, really. Just follow the instructions they send you for adding them to your tank and you'll be fine.

Roan

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store