A planted tank thats possibly an industry first.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Stargazer53

AC Members
Oct 4, 2006
Oh my gosh -- this tank is so surreal -- A M A Z I N G!!!

One question though, what happened to the Orange Cheeked Waxbills? I love the Shafttail Finches but the waxbills were adorably cute. :)

You are the Monet of fish tanks. True art. Bravo! ;)

Gbbudd

AC Members
Feb 16, 2007
Oh my gosh -- this tank is so surreal -- A M A Z I N G!!!

One question though, what happened to the Orange Cheeked Waxbills? I love the Shafttail Finches but the waxbills were adorably cute. :)

You are the Monet of fish tanks. True art. Bravo! ;)
They both died the same day it was very odd back in september . One had managed to get out and was found at the base of the tank. The other was found at the netting with its foot caught in a vinning pant directly above its mate. They were cute but they were so small it was tough to see them at times. Both breeds do well but the open water is not ideal for birds, though they love the waterfall, watchig them bathe is pretty cool. The pintails eat alot and i'd say probably 3 times the waste.

sushiray

AC Members
Jan 14, 2009
new windsor, ny
late to this thread, I took the time to read each page. a truly wonder of nature! "man creates nature indoors"
this is bold daring adventurous! I applaud your growing living achievement!
a vid would have been a living testament but the pics are still cool!
I would love to see some neons, swords, albino corys in this habitat.
well keep up the great show, a wonder that you travel so much & do little maintenance to let nature take its course.
a success well earned!

Gbbudd

AC Members
Feb 16, 2007
The tank has taken a turn for the worse, it's just been a heck of a month with new additions to the tank without making a visit to a pet store or myself adding to the mix. as i'm sitting here in my recliner i heard a squeek being attentive to possible hatching of the eggs and what do i see sitting in the seed bowl for the birds but this little critter. Anyone know if they will / would eat the baby birds or the adults for that matter. i don't know how i'm going to get him out of there.

AGUSTA-EVENNG-1-3.jpg

mindnova

Registered Member
Jan 20, 2008
Yes I'd say given the chance he would eat the babies. If you can see him that well then (I'm gonna catch %&*#) a pellet pistol would be an idea. Especially before there are more little ones to feed.

Your setup would shame any I've seen in professional aquariums and zoos.

Remember they soil food with their urine and feces, plus what ever disease they could carry. Some times you just gotta do what you have to.

Last edited:

GuppyMan

AC Members
Nov 9, 2008
New Jersey
Real Name
Trevor
:jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw: OMG!:jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw: UUUU.....WAAA...... HOW? AMAZING!!!!

yikesjason

AC Members
Jul 29, 2008
Portland, OR
Did you ever do the article for Practical Fishkeeping magazine explaining how you built the background? I am working on something similar and could use some more insight on how to go about it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store