A planted tank thats possibly an industry first.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Haydn24

Boo!
Jun 28, 2010
Australia
Real Name
Haydn
Very very cool. Very jealous also :) Well done

aussie pride

AC Members
Jun 21, 2010
ok i am truly jealous and in awe at the same time. my heart rate sky-rocketed when i say the pictures on page one. i read every single post. i now have something to do with heaps of spare time and money in a few years.

Gbbudd

AC Members
Feb 16, 2007
hello AC. i can't believe it's been as long as it has been since i started the tank and have been coming here to AC. And to answer the first question im sure to get is yes the tank is still up and running. And yes the birds are still part of the equation. Though always having babies and as many as 7 birds above the tank almost constantly. Almost got rig of all the birds including Mom and Dad. But as luck would have it my wife being such felt that the birds nest after having so many babies needed a new one and when she put the new nest in and THREW away the original the finches have not breed since. I have said it before sometimes the best solution come by accident. So the babies for now are no more and definately grateful for that. I t was extremly cool in the begining watching them but as time and clutches went on it grew very old with all the cherps and the amout of dropings. And im sure notmany will believe this but other than 50=70% waer changes there was no other mantenance. I do vaccuum the bottom of the tank probably every three months or so as the shells from the bird seed accumulates at the bottom of the tank. and the filter i clean probably every 4 months shame on me but it works. i will get some pics this evening and see if i can remember hom to get them on here. GOOD LUCK with your tanks and never let someone say you can't do that or it will never work. Just think it through and be safe.

bgourami320

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Brooklyn,NY
Real Name
Bonnie
What an amazingly beautiful tank!

Gbbudd

AC Members
Feb 16, 2007
Literally zero maintenance myself and my wife will do a water change every week which takes no more then 15 minutes. she does not vacuum or such and the tank is lucky if i put an hour or two every 4 months.

Que

I wish I was a fish I wish.
Feb 15, 2007
Southern Berkshire county, MA
Real Name
Ken
Camera Used
cell phone
The stump still looks pretty good. Has it eroded much? All my driftwood, no matter what kind, has eroded over the years.

Q

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store