Ace25's 75G Build Thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
My clowns haven't tried hosting anything since their RBTA got sucked up...it is recouping but I would have thought they would have picked something else in the tank by now

Dag! I wish I lived close :( if u decide to ship frags let me know....I am sure we can trade sumptin' :D

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
This is in no way the "final layout" of my rocks.. like I said, I just threw them in there to keep them in the tank but by this weekend it will look completely different, hopefully much nicer looking if what I picture in my head can work in reality.. the rocks I have will determine if I can stack them the way I want.

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
Well.. after a few more stressful hours of work, and a couple mroe "accidental" frags later, here is phase 2 of the Aquascape.. still not complete yet, probably 50% there, but my original idea of a "softy" left side and SPS right side isn't going to work out.. way to many SPS corals and not enough softy/LPS corals. I gotta get rid of some as well... definately no room and I want to clear some room anyway for the corals I do really like over others. Looks like I am going to lose my "symmetry" on my returns.. it appears a penductor on the left side and a flare nozzle on the right side seems to give the best flow with the Vortech in the location it is in. 2 Penductors was too much, no penductors was not enough.

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
ok, Phase 3.. probably going to be 10 phases to this before I am done and happy. I had to do this tonight though, I noticed of of my corals dying at the base/encrusting part due to being in the sand.

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
Yup, all the fish are fine.. just my Midas Blenny was scared and hiding for a while... and I moved my cleaner wrasse to my 29G because he was too agressive for my fish in my 75G. My clowns are keeping him in check in the 29G.

Guillo1

AC Members
Mar 19, 2009
I just noticed that you moved the vortech to the back of the tank.....Did this reduce the noise coming from the pump?

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
YES!! Before the noise wasn't bad after a break in period.. but now on the back of the tank it is completely silent... well, to me it is.. obviously still the same noise, just not noticable now.

Also, flow seems MUCH better. I took out about 20-30lbs of rock and it is VERY open now. Picture doesn't do it justice at all. I will take some pics later with a 10K bulb to get a good picture. The flow is "different"... to me, seems like less flow, but I think it is because the tank is more open now the flow is going more places and not as noticable, but polyp extension looks good and a few corals I always had minor problems with placement seem to be looking better than ever. If you look at the last pic I took I put a Penductor on the left side but just a flare nozzle on the right side because the vortech is there also.. seems to really even out the flow and make it just right. I tried 2 penductors, too much flow, 2 flare nozzles, not nearly enough flow, but 1 and 1 seems a perfect balance.

Also, if you look closely at the pics.. you can see more fish. Gobies under the PVC frame.. 5 fish I spot in the first picture, 4 fish in the second..

I didn't really want to put the Slimer back in the center like it is.. makes it look too much like the old aquascaping, but it really was the only place it would fit and it covers the closed loop intake very nicely. Closeup pics later on will show how different the layout actually is, and how much more open it is.

Last edited:

Guillo1

AC Members
Mar 19, 2009
wow......................you took out all kinds of rock........you'll need the room for your corals to grow. I don't see a problem by placing the giant slimer in the center back of the tank. That slimer must grow 100 times faster than any other coral you have in your tank.

Ace has handed out a ton of slimer frags to local reefers here.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store