Ace25's 75G Build Thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

flomojo

AC Members
Mar 22, 2009
Had the pleasure of visiting Ace and his reef last night. So mesmerizing/colorful in person, maybe even more so with the 14K Phoenix. He was running the whiter Radium 20K last night. Funny how that is the case.

Duncans are open and doing well so far. Ordered a new bulb (phoenix) today. Thanks again Ace. How do the other two frags look today?

I've got a couple variations of fish traps if you want to wrangle up the Argus. Both are the type that require you to "drop" the acrylic door once the fish enters, but they are the safest and most effective IMO. I can bring both of them over Wednesday night if you want. I'm thinking of following your lead with a DSB when I rescape next month. Didn't prefer the look of it before, but benefits seem to outweigh. If you were do it all over again, would you still go with a 6" DSB?

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Naw, I just went 6" because I was thinking of making it as deep as the frame.. I knew a DSB really only needed to be 3" minimum to work, I was just trying to see if I could hide the frame in the beginning. Now after playing more with flow I like the 3-4" DSB much better, lets flow go under all the rocks now which I think will actually make the DSB work better than when the rocks were touching the sand. More surface area of sand to water contact to exchange gasses.

Reefer Brian

AC Members
Apr 15, 2009
Nice work on the new aquascape, did you get rid of any of the corals??? I also like the soundtrack... It sounded nice though the 5.1 channel in the living room and looked great on the lady's new 50" plasma. Great work ACE...

Alan, When are you going to post some pics of your tank(s)???

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
Did you like the other 2 videos I posted at the end on the last page? Those 2 are the most updated to show all the corals and some of the fish I have.

Ya, I gave Flomojo a ton of corals and he has been repaying the kindness with salt. :D Works out great for both of us.. I will always need salt and I had no more room for some of the corals.

Ya Flomojo.. when we gonna see some pics??? No more excuses.. ;)

Guillo1

AC Members
Mar 19, 2009
no one saw them cause the post got lost in the other page. Looks great Ace, I like your coral placement. Your gonna have to help me when I get more corals for my tank. Boy your fish sure seem active in your tank.....Were they feeding or are they like that all the time? I see that you move the vortech back to the side.

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
My fish are always active ... but more so when I am standing in front of the tank because they think it is feeding time (or I like to think they just enjoy seeing me.. lol, I wish), so they are more active than normal in the videos, but not by much. Ya, moved the Vortech back.. since my tank is not a true cube, it is longer than it is deeper by 6", it seemed to work out much better going side to side vs front to back.

AquatiCreations

Registered something or another...
Feb 25, 2008
Amazing tank Ace, I've said it before and, I'll say it once more, I love the shape of that tank. Your rock-work and coral placement is stunning,and of course I must compliment you on your lack of algae!

Very well done.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store