Ace25's 75G Build Thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Is it just me or are there posts missing from the forum? I could have swore there were more posts in my thread.. one asking how my teardown went and one of me responding stating to current status of my tank.. now... gone. I know I posted that yesterday.

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
Silly me.. I went to the MAIN page looking for some type of update on what was going on.. I know.. silly to think important information like posts missing for the last couple days actually make it as a news item on the main page. :wall:

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
You're right, sorry about that. There's now an announcement in the Comments and Bugs section - good suggestion.

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
Ok, quick update.. middle of redoing my tank. With the help of Flomojo I got the plumbing fixed and done correctly this time. Was still stressed out by the end and just ended up tossing all the rocks and corals back in the tank as quick/safely as possible just to get them back in the flow. So this week I am removing a few rocks a night and going aiptasia/mushroom control then on Friday I will take all the rock out and reaquascape the way I want, without having to remove fish or water.

Had to put a couple corals in my 29G due to lack of room, duncans were one of them, and wouldn't you know it, my mated pair of clowns jumped right in the first night. Now I am going to feel guilty evicting them, but I can already tell the duncans don't appreciate the clowns nearly as much as the clowns appreciate the duncans.

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
Aww! they look so snug :(

I love your tank! green SPS on the left hurts my eyes! what is that? green slimer?
is that I frag of it I see on the frag rack :naughty:

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
Ya, that is the green slimer.. GIANT.. even bigger than I originally thought, and yes, that is a frag of it on the right that was encrusting to my overflow box. Actually got another 6" piece on a rock in the back out of the picture. If you didn't live on the opposite coast from me I would tell you to come by and I would give you the entire mother colony! I am starting to not like it now... very bright green, but so big, so overpowering, and such a fast grower compared to everything else. I have easily taken 40+ frags off of it just in a years time, all 2-3" at least.

Couple corals got little nicks in them from the move, and biggest thing that happened was my Cali Tort got a branch snapped off when I was taking it out of the tank.. but all in all it was a success. Much less damage to my corals than I originally had thought would happen.

Stargazer53

AC Members
Oct 4, 2006
You did such an amazing job. Perfect harmony and beautiful design and placement of everything. Kudos ;)

DSR

AC Members
Apr 10, 2009
Tulsa, OK
hahaa. That is what my clowns did with my duncans. The duncans really did not like it at all... I moved the duncans about four inches away and they stopped. It was pretty interesting.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store