am I just crazy?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

1oooop

int x; if {x>1} {std::cout
Jun 5, 2008
here, there, everywhere
game.uctrl.net
Real Name
Brandon
hmm, perhaps it's a genetic mutation which results in the ability to change the pigment cells more rapidly than in other angels... let's not preclude the improbable as they are only improbably, not impossible... either that or there is some chromatic distortion between the angles that the fish is viewed which is on the VERY IMPROBABLE side of things

Susan0218

AC Members
Jun 8, 2005
Your mom doesn't really think its evil, just a gift with a joke right? :Angel:

I mean there is no relevant support story for this your leaving out.....
Sadly no joke. She thinks he's evil because he killed many of the fish she put with him...or at least she claims he did. I suspect the main problem is she tends to think she can just throw any and all fish into her aquarium. Also, she thinks she doesn't need to do water changes....just top the tank off. Oh and I don't believe she's ever tested her water. :headshake2::screwy:

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer

Another shot of him. Can you see the lighter stripe better? That's the part that seems to darken if I startle him. Also the bit under his eye.

Otherwise, does he look healthy to you? I was originally only worrying about my sanity but now that I've read the replies, I'm a bit concerned for his health.
I used to have an angle like this except it was his head that was black not his tail. He died when my cat tipped over his tank. He was so cool too. :mad:

rainbowcharmer

AC Members
Jul 30, 2007
East Coast, USA
Wow! Beautiful Angel!!

I have a Zebra Angel (Or is it Silver Zebra??) - anyhow, he (she?) changes colors all the time. If I turn their light on too early in the morning she goes all pale and cranky on me. And then will darken up as I put flakes in for them. She is somewhat moody in my opinion - changes from light to dark very quickly and very often. I've never had a fish do that before and I will admit I was worried at first too. Maybe it's just an Angel thing??

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
hmm, perhaps it's a genetic mutation which results in the ability to change the pigment cells more rapidly than in other angels... let's not preclude the improbable as they are only improbably, not impossible... either that or there is some chromatic distortion between the angles that the fish is viewed which is on the VERY IMPROBABLE side of things
Oh I see what you mean evil as in aggression which is normal , my pair killed off all the other un-paired. I thought you meant in a supernatural way LOL

Susan0218

AC Members
Jun 8, 2005
Oh I see what you mean evil as in aggression which is normal , my pair killed off all the other un-paired. I thought you meant in a supernatural way LOL
LOL Evil was her word choice. Then in talking with friends/family about "mom's evil angel" the name Evil Angel stuck. (plus I'm a Breaking Benjamin fan :D)

Susan0218

AC Members
Jun 8, 2005
I was cleaning up around the tank today so I took the opportunity to snap a few pics of him while he was darker. He was moving around quite a bit so they are not the best...

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
he is gorgeous!

i have an angel that is mostly silver with some black striping and he changes colour all the time. Also have a black and red barb that will go almost pure white first thing in the morning, every morning, when the lights go on.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store