Amazontanklvr's tank build/blog

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
Damn dude, That's an extraordinary male fish angel!
Thank you!

I have some sad news. My farlowella that has been struggling for the past month finally passed yesterday. Im really upset. She was my dream fish. I really another algae eater. But im not going to get anything soon. The other sad news is that i lost a kerri. I but my five biggest in the main tank (they are in a breeding box) and they were fine for a day. I checked Saturday night and all 5 were alive and then Sunday morning there were only 4. :(

CichlidFins

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Real Name
Jay
Thank you!

I have some sad news. My farlowella that has been struggling for the past month finally passed yesterday. Im really upset. She was my dream fish. I really another algae eater. But im not going to get anything soon. The other sad news is that i lost a kerri. I but my five biggest in the main tank (they are in a breeding box) and they were fine for a day. I checked Saturday night and all 5 were alive and then Sunday morning there were only 4. :(
You may be able to grow the kerris out in a 20 gallon plastic tote, they can't stay in the breeder box forever.

Sorry to hear about the farlowella.

Reactions: angelcraze

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
You may be able to grow the kerris out in a 20 gallon plastic tote, they can't stay in the breeder box forever.

Yeah i know. I may get another tank soon so im waiting a little bit.

thanks

angelcraze

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020

Good idea about the tote. Maybe keep your eye open for a quality used heater (oh wait, you're in the desert! Nvmnd). A sponge filter is all you really need. You can even DIY one out of a glass jar and floss. Some kerries aren't going to make much of a mess unless you overfeed. I think you could pretty easily keep out up for growout.

Still not sure of any way to discourage the angels from eating the fish except the bigger group and more plant cover.

Reactions: CichlidFins

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
Good idea about the tote. Maybe keep your eye open for a quality used heater (oh wait, you're in the desert! Nvmnd). A sponge filter is all you really need. You can even DIY one out of a glass jar and floss. Some kerries aren't going to make much of a mess unless you overfeed. I think you could pretty easily keep out up for growout.

Still not sure of any way to discourage the angels from eating the fish except the bigger group and more plant cover.
lol. I use my heater in the summer still as i keep my tank 1 (ish) above room temp (for my angels). However, room temp will be fine for the kerris.

Ok. Just have to wait for fish and plants to grow. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store