Amazontanklvr's tank build/blog

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

CichlidFins

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Real Name
Jay
have a block of advice- check your nitrates Between water changes. If they are already rising at a rapid rate, dont gets more fish. If they are rising at a steady pace I suggest getting 8. If they are rising slowly I still suggest getting 8. Dont get over zealous with stocking.

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
They aren't rising rapidly. I usually have around 10. I will get more plants too.
So I'll either get 8 or 12.

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
Ok. Im pretty sure Im going to get 16 kerris and a big order of plants. I just have to look into the company to see if they are reliable or not.

CichlidFins

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Real Name
Jay
I don't mean to be rude but I still suggest knocking it down a bunch to 8. You have 2 angels and 2 dwarf cichlids with cories and a farlowella in a 30 inch tank. Not a whole lot of room to spare.

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
I don't mean to be rude but I still suggest knocking it down a bunch to 8. You have 2 angels and 2 dwarf cichlids with cories and a farlowella in a 30 inch tank. Not a whole lot of room to spare.
I mean there is a little more room than it seems and I totally get your point but my preferred number is 12 and I assume a tetra or two will pass and am willing to do the water changes so IMO, Im fine.

Feohw

AC Members
Apr 28, 2020
Well they are very curious fish so I can just kinda trap one next to the glass (but not pressed against it) and it'll just swim into my hand and I can cup it and pick it up. Just for a second or two though.
Wait, so you corner it against the glass so it so that it has to swim into your hand? I agree with FF, I wouldn't do that.
I mean there is a little more room than it seems and I totally get your point but my preferred number is 12 and I assume a tetra or two will pass and am willing to do the water changes so IMO, Im fine.
I certainly wouldn't get 16, so I'd say 12 would be a reasonable compromise. Though I'd go into this hoping to keep all of them. They shouldn't pass.

Reactions: CichlidFins

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
Wait, so you corner it against the glass so it so that it has to swim into your hand? I agree with FF, I wouldn't do that.

I certainly wouldn't get 16, so I'd say 12 would be a reasonable compromise. Though I'd go into this hoping to keep all of them. They shouldn't pass.
no. It swam into my hand.

Yes but they sell in groups of 8 too. In an ideal world 12 would be best I agree. But I wouldn't do any less than 10. Of course i'd hope to keep all but in reality I don't think all will survive. :)

CichlidFins

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Real Name
Jay
I think 8 is a fine number? 8 to 12 isn't much of a difference considering real schools are hundreds of fish

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
Here's what I'll probably get. I'm not sure when I'll be ordering though.
1590782568745.png
discus.com

Reactions: the loach

CichlidFins

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Real Name
Jay
Don't buy from discus.com.

They are a drop seller in NYC.

The tetra pic was stolen from aquahuna, their discus pics are stolen from Kenny's discus and Gabe posada and many more places.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store