Angelfish with huge lips~time to euthanize?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Nereus7

AC Members
Jul 30, 2012
I spayed a mouse once and even though it only took a half hour, I was sweating and shaky with exhaustion by the time it was done.
Hahahahaha seriously? Is this common?

finsNfur

AC Members
May 29, 2008
Connecticut
Hahahahaha seriously? Is this common?
Yeah, I forgot to ask about that, we were actually discussing that at my house last night. :rofl:

Maybe vwill is a vet or something? My dd worked at a horse hospital all summer and did interesting things like assist in horse castrations etc. But a mouse? There is a story here!

finsNfur

AC Members
May 29, 2008
Connecticut
Thanks, Jim! I sure did want a drink after the surgery! Thankfully it was morning or I might have over-indulged for sure.

Here she is just now, acting completely normal! She's in her regular tank, I didn't want to stress her by keeping her in the 14g QT tank. I put melafix in the tank, and am doing partial water changes every day for 3-4 days to keep the water as clean as possible. I couldn't get a good pic, since I didn't want to take several and possibly stress her. You can see the red marks where they bled on her lower lip, but honestly, it looks SO much better now. She still has puffy lips on both sides, especially her lower lip, I basically just cut off the center. I didn't want to do too many snips, it was a quick snip-snip and back in the water she went! But she has plenty of room for eating, her upper lip is much smaller! I think in several more days it will heal up much better, too.

IMG_4037.JPG

Captain Jim

AC Members
May 12, 2012
Ahh, she absolutely looks great! I'm so proud of you and happy for you! You did so good. I just bought a Nikon 510 and joined photobucket- I'll try to send pics of mine, too. I'm pretty sorry when it comes to these infernal machines though.. it may take me awhile to get up and running. But... she sure is pretty! Thanks.. Jim

Big Mike

Large Member
Sep 8, 2009
IL
Real Name
Huge Mike
Great job!! IDK if i could have. Hope she makes a full recovery.

lacie559

Registered Member
Dec 12, 2012
Came across this forum after researching lip fibroma, which sadly my angel (could be your angels twin) has.... what has the outcome been for you fish, since it has been a few months now????

finsNfur

AC Members
May 29, 2008
Connecticut
I'm sorry I didn't see your post earlier, lacie. What finally happened with your angel, if you are still posting here? Mine lived for about another year, but one of the lips (the lower) kept growing back. I had to go through that horrible procedure 3-4 times. The last time I think she got a bacterial infection or something, she just never bounced back. Still, I gave her an extra year of life which I'm happy about. I bought another angel and thankfully it's been a few years with no issues. Hopefully I'll never have to go through that again!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store