Anybody have any pics of Midas?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

friend of oscar

AC Members
Dec 1, 2001
Visit site
Ive been looking at several sites and I still havent found any pics of a midas like mine (white with red spot on head). Would anyone have any pics of one like that or does anybody have pics of their midas cichlids? Have a god day!

Baraka

Can I buy you a fish Sandwich?
Apr 17, 2001
GAMEHENGE
sagan.physast.uga.edu

Thats OJ.....

JWA

Registered Member
Dec 6, 2002
Visit site
Hi Friend of Oscar,

I'm not exactly sure what your fish looks like, but if you go to www.cichlidscene.com he has pictures of a mostly white midas with red/orange coloring around the eyes. Is that along the lines of what you mean?

goldfries

AC Members
Oct 11, 2001
Malaysia
www.briancyc.com
hehe

there's so many variants of flowerhorns, in fact i find the people in my country (and maybe other asian countries) are oblivious towards the many types of cichlids in the world and that they were around even much earlier than Flowerhorns.

i mean, you could just put a Trimac or a Midas in a shop and call them Flowerhorn and everyone would buy it wholesale. You could call them Midas, Juvie or Severum a golden or albino or striped Flowerhorn and still get-away scott free!!

Heck to most people here, Flowerhorn is the only fish to have that kind of shape and markings. and worse it costs more than the tank setup.

sheeesh. the Flowerhorn thing is killing the Cichlid (and other species) hobby.

Interesting Article concerning Hybrids

sometimes I envy you Europeans/Americans in the choices of fish in your LFS.

Look where I come from, the origins of Flowerhorn!!! Imagine the # of Flowerhorns i see.........heck i can't even get a decent Oscar around here. and i've only seen 1 shop that sells Convicts. :(

:p However that doesn't stop me from my Aquaria Hobby. Anyway, Enjoy your fish........have you pet your fish today?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store