anyone got pics of coralife 67,000 and 10,000 on there tanks? ?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Icom

AC Members
Jan 2, 2008
Iowa
Note: That's not an instant change in color, that's showing what color changes are present with the plants as they grow with the two different bulbs.

wrong..that is the same tank,pics taken a few minutes apart ( how ever long it took to change the bulbs out ) look again.. top pic is a 9325K (bright and white),bottom is a 6700k (yellow and pale) go look through the link I posted earlier,there are other pics,,some 8000k,some 10000k etc..

jmhart

Revolutionary
Sep 8, 2007
Atlanta,GA
The HC looks fuller, like it's got an extra week or two of growth.

However, I just did a little experiment of my own, which does confirm the possibility that these pictures are only minutes apart. I have some Rotala Macrandra that, at the top closest to the lights is very very red, and at the bottom it's more greenish....this is to be expect. Well, I just did a trim and replanted the tops at the bottom of the tank...instantly the red spectrum disappears, like the red light isn't making it down to the bottom.

Interesting...

Derringer

... overstock this!
Apr 8, 2007
Indiana
Thats an amazing difference - at least in that particular tank!

AquaVu

AC Members
Nov 26, 2007
Bay Area
Amazing difference the correct light bulbs make. I'm sold on the GE 9325. Who has the best price on these GE bulbs???? Help :)

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
This thread has been all over the place! :)

I do not know if they are definitely the cheapest but lightbulbsdirect.com has pretty good prices.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store