Apistogramma Agassizii

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Byron Amazonas

AC Members
Jul 22, 2013
Pitt Meadows (within Greater Vancouver, BC) Canada
Real Name
Byron
Your two unknown fish photos are of females (probably the same one, can't tell). I wouldn't think they are A. borelli or A. macmasteri though the latter may be. But the blue on the ventral fins suggest female A. bitaeniata.

Many species of apistos have females that are very similar, with yellow and the black.

Byron.

daphilster08

AC Members
Sep 8, 2009
St. Paul/Duluth(college) Minnesota
Yes those females above are unique. Post them on the apistogramma forum.

Well guys, remember how you told me to change the layout from rocks to driftwood? My female has spawned on one of my rocks and I have only had these apistos for 9 days. Man it feels going to know what you are doing :dance:

Here are some recent pics..

Female, eggs are under the leaf on the rock. Couldn't zoom in on them for some reason.

Mark Allred

AC Members
Jan 21, 2013
Spring Creek, Nevada
I did post those on Apistogramma.com, and one suggestion was they were "somewhere close to A, cacatuoides",
but they did not look like the A. cacatuoides females I had.

These agassizii are stunning!

DavidZ

AC Members
Sep 20, 2007
NY
Nice, love apistos, I had 5 different types of apistos in the past 3 years, my favorite is the agassizii fire reds, I had several spawns, but they were in the community tank, so nothing to show for it, lol
The male shown below, just ordered 2 more pairs.

would love to have a breeder in the US and not from Czech republic.

Sorry pic taken with the cell phone.

You sure you don't want to breed the fire reds? people have been asking me all the time where to get them.

photo.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store