Are the plants you're selling/trading ILLEGAL?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

stillaround55

AC Members
Apr 12, 2007
When is the last time anyone dumped a tank full of plants into a strean, river, or whatever ? What we need is some stupidity police - not plant police. :devil: Get a life
What's a "strean?" Where are those stupidity police when you need them?

KeeperOfFish2

AC Members
Oct 13, 2007
The Wyswa (pronounced Visswa) river in Poland now is the home to a thriving community of piranhas.

hpt84

AC Members
Apr 15, 2008
Hygrophila polysperma is on the list. Does that mean I cant ship sunset hygro?

emptywallet

another youngling who is clueless
Apr 19, 2008
Ohio
Real Name
David
is ricca illegal to trade anywhere?

kimbo3311

Red-Headed, Non-Step-Child
Apr 3, 2008
Treasure Coast, FL
Acutally, it happens all the time. Take a look at plenty of the lakes down South here. They are choked with invasives plant species. Or take a trip down to Florida where the tropical fish species are wiping out the native species.

Get a life yourself bud. Why should the whole ecosystem be put a risk so you can have a pretty plant in your aquaium.

yankee Dog
Totally agree with that sentiment... when you can go fly fishing in Okeechobee and catch more Oscars than native fish, you've got a problem- and obviously from irresponsible hobbyists who can't 'bear' to kill a fish humanely and are too lazy to find someone to take fish they don't want anymore.:wall:

blackwolfXKAV

Homo sapiens
Apr 20, 2006
New England Abroad.

Jesper

Registered Member
Jun 5, 2009
what happens if you take noxious weeds from the wild and put them in your tanks? aren't you kinda helping to clean up at that point?

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
what happens if you take noxious weeds from the wild and put them in your tanks? aren't you kinda helping to clean up at that point?
It does help at some point but there are weird laws as well. Check your local rules for retrieval of noxious weeds. I am sure they won't mind you are removing them as basically, you are trying to trim down the weeds. It's another story if you throw them back to waterways.

I dispose my extra Egeria densa into the garden for compost.:dance:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store