Beautiful 10 Gallon Vivarium Set Up!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lampro

AC Members
Jun 24, 2019
I just recently set up this vivararium and it turn out better than expected! ? Any fish or schooling fish recommendation?

Equipment set Up:
  • JC&P RGB Clip on light and full spectrum light with built in timer and full color control
  • CO2 at 1 bubble per second
  • Hang on Filter
Plant List:
  • lucky bamboo
  • dwarf sag
  • ludwigia mini super red
  • Tradescantia zebrina
  • Alternanthera reineckii mini 5 pieces
  • Rotala mexicana goias
  • potho
  • Lobelia Cardinalis Dwarf
  • Limnophila aromatica mini
  • Limnophila rugosa
  • Ludwigia Arcuata
  • rotala rotundifolia

IMG_7590 copy.jpg

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Lovely!

For fish I would maybe not go with predominately red or orange fish with so many red plants they'd be hard to see. Yellow or blue would look better to my eye. Are you thinking of a betta? A small group of blue male endlers (I don't know the names)? Pygmy corys (more midwater swimmers)? Green neons?

My only concern is fish jumping or shrimp climbing up & out. I've only had a rimless tank once, a 16 inch tall 40g long. Tiny 1 inch loaches jumped & mystery snails climbed out (sounded like a ping pong balls hitting the floor so I could rescue them).

• Haha
Reactions: lampro

lampro

AC Members
Jun 24, 2019
Lovely!

For fish I would maybe not go with predominately red or orange fish with so many red plants they'd be hard to see. Yellow or blue would look better to my eye. Are you thinking of a betta? A small group of blue male endlers (I don't know the names)? Pygmy corys (more midwater swimmers)? Green neons?

My only concern is fish jumping or shrimp climbing up & out. I've only had a rimless tank once, a 16 inch tall 40g long. Tiny 1 inch loaches jumped & mystery snails climbed out (sounded like a ping pong balls hitting the floor so I could rescue them).
do you think betta will try to jump out? my guppies jumped out and I think the cories jumped out too but I need found the body. I have amano shrimps that never climb out

I'm thinking galaxy barb or rummy nose tetra if that works

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
maybe a gourami should be ok
Gourami will need a 20 gallon tank as well, but sparkling gouramis are fine :)
They're around the size of adult neon tetra and are not as active as neons.
Rummy nose tetras will need 20 gallon long tank, galaxy barbs too. Cories should be in a 20 gallon tank, 80x35cm tank.
Betta will need a hood as they are natural jumpers and so he will jump, sparkling gouramis will need a hood as well as they jump too.
It leaves you with either solo betta (there's no such thing as betta in community) or 3-5 sparkling gouramis.

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
I agree with Fishorama I personally wouldn't put in red or orange fish. She means "Japanese" blue endlers. I have those as well and think that is a good suggestion. Galaxy rasboras would be fine, too. Maybe a florida flagfish, or would that be too red already.
I'm not a fan of open top tanks because of evaporation and the inevitable jumpers (unless you keep the water level 4+ inch lower).

Reactions: Sprinkle

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Any fish can jump. I think it helps to have plants, either floaters or long stems, so they can judge where the surface is. There a several nano fish that would be fine in a 10g but I've only kept red/orange 1s, lol.

Reactions: lampro and Sprinkle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store