Been treating for ich but does this spot look weird?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I don't see why the orchids couldn't live above the QT water level with just their roots submerged. They may not like the metroplex but hopefully that's not for too long. OK my only orchid growing has been phaelenopsis in the house & cymbidiums that came with our house outdoors here in CA. But it's warming up! That's got to help

Reactions: Kimunaffected

Kimunaffected

AC Members
Apr 8, 2020
Real Name
Kim
I see , I can absolutely dose the water with the orchids there. they don’t have to move to be a qt tank None of the roots touch the water at all they all have arial roots. The only plants with roots in the water are the peace Lily’s and Pothos & spider plant
So I can freely dose whatever I need to.
I would prefer to be done dosing the main 20g aquarium as soon as possible

Last edited:

Kimunaffected

AC Members
Apr 8, 2020
Real Name
Kim
I keep a few cymbidiums in frost free potted plants outdoors all year long up here too ,they have done well for a few years now.
but only ones that attracted ants hahah I figured if they survive great! Better than ants in my kitchen hahah

Kimunaffected

AC Members
Apr 8, 2020
Real Name
Kim
But yes the tank was designed to have a higher water line so I could use it for fish when I need to.
the Heater and sponge filter ( andbuilt in filtration) all hide in the back like the fluval flex did)

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Oh, I think I see. The "QT" tank is just for humidifying the orchids? Then they can't possibly care if there is metro in the water. Those other plants are awfully sturdy, they shouldn't care if they have a couple weeks out of the water, they're usually houseplants everywhere I've lived. They CAN have their roots live in the water but certainly don't NEED it to live well & prosper (Spock hand V, lol). How long is the metro tx? 2 weeks at most? Meh, not likely an issue...but I've not had your problem...

Kimunaffected

AC Members
Apr 8, 2020
Real Name
Kim
Oh, I think I see. The "QT" tank is just for humidifying the orchids? Then they can't possibly care if there is metro in the water. Those other plants are awfully sturdy, they shouldn't care if they have a couple weeks out of the water, they're usually houseplants everywhere I've lived. They CAN have their roots live in the water but certainly don't NEED it to live well & prosper (Spock hand V, lol). How long is the metro tx? 2 weeks at most? Meh, not likely an issue...but I've not had your problem...
You’re absolutely dead on :)
and I’m not sure I’m gonna read all of them very carefully once they arrive tomorrow

Kimunaffected

AC Members
Apr 8, 2020
Real Name
Kim
No worries
I just meant I don’t know exactly how long to treat until I get the directions. I have watched some videos on how to mix with food, I believe it’s 2 weeks with three day break in the middle.
but I will know more once I actually receive them.
thanks again

Kimunaffected

AC Members
Apr 8, 2020
Real Name
Kim
How are things going Kim?
Um, Good and bad. I was able to clear up the female while finishing the paraguard treatment combined with the extra pwc ( she actually had been flaring at him and seemed to terrorize him as she improved and he didn’t ) so when I was done with paraguard he went to QT for metro treatment.

main tank is still doing well and finally med free and testing stable. No losses to report.

The male is still in QT and holding on.
His head is not improving and actually worsened a bit. He was still eating but this morning not so much. so I am in fact doing the metro and paraguard now since I seen improvement as far as the white colored poo since starting metro but the pit seemed to go downhill after I stopped the paraguard.
main tank is in fact symptom free & has been.
since I moved him.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store