Been treating for ich but does this spot look weird?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Ugh, well, at least some good news on the main tank. I didn't remember him having white stringy? poo before but not really surprising if he has internal parasites.

How are you giving the metro? I know you thought maybe in his food. Is dosing the tank water an option if he's not eating? I had metro flake food when I had discus juvies ( & all kinds of stuff just in case) but I don't think I ever used it...

Reactions: Kimunaffected

Kimunaffected

AC Members
Apr 8, 2020
Real Name
Kim
Yes I am gonna move to that route tomorrow I was nervous to do both Food and water on the same day

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Sounds like a good plan. I was cooking dinner & lost my edit...I'll have to think about where I was going...Maybe that fish can go a week or 2 without eating?

Kimunaffected

AC Members
Apr 8, 2020
Real Name
Kim
My plan was to stop medicated food and Use regular & start dosing the water but he didn’t make it through the night :/

• Sad
Reactions: the loach

angelcraze

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
You lost the male GBR? I'm so sorry :( I'm actually dealing with what I suspect is Hex. Maybe HITH and aeromonas bacteria too. Just to show, here is an example of a pit.
20200308_214649.jpg
Some other angels got pits in the head as well. Other symptoms include self isolation, facing the back wall or corner, spitting food and not eating, clear stringy poop.

I can't access Metro, but i'll try feeding what I have (might be expired but his only shot). But I feel adding it to the water is a waste since it doesn't dissolve well and has a short shelf life. It's more effective as a food soak anyway against internal issues. So you did all you could.

Reactions: Kimunaffected

Kimunaffected

AC Members
Apr 8, 2020
Real Name
Kim
You lost the male GBR? I'm so sorry :( I'm actually dealing with what I suspect is Hex. Maybe HITH and aeromonas bacteria too. Just to show, here is an example of a pit.
View attachment 226697
Some other angels got pits in the head as well. Other symptoms include self isolation, facing the back wall or corner, spitting food and not eating, clear stringy poop.

I can't access Metro, but i'll try feeding what I have (might be expired but his only shot). But I feel adding it to the water is a waste since it doesn't dissolve well and has a short shelf life. It's more effective as a food soak anyway against internal issues. So you did all you could.
Thank you, Yes I lost the male. :(
He had displayed all those symptoms and he went downhill fast after he starting isolating.
The female seemed to improve with daily water changes. But she never had the pit actually form just a white spot and it improved in the main tank so she never even got put in QT.

Reactions: angelcraze

angelcraze

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
Thank you, Yes I lost the male. :(
He had displayed all those symptoms and he went downhill fast after he starting isolating.
The female seemed to improve with daily water changes. But she never had the pit actually form just a white spot and it improved in the main tank so she never even got put in QT.
Sorry about the male but that's amazing your female came around. Some of the angels in that tank only had the white spots as well. Same here, they go downhill fast once they start with symptoms. So you didn't medicate the female? Or did you feed Metro to all the fish?

Kimunaffected

AC Members
Apr 8, 2020
Real Name
Kim
Sorry about the male but that's amazing your female came around. Some of the angels in that tank only had the white spots as well. Same here, they go downhill fast once they start with symptoms. So you didn't medicate the female? Or did you feed Metro to all the fish?
I was mid treatment for ich with paraguard so I started all metro feeds in qt
she was not treated with metro no but I figured since the spot cleared up and her poo seemed normal and no sunken belly I opted to leave her in the main tank when I moved him and the end of ich treatment.
But she was treated with paraguard and daily water changes since I read that had some good results if caught earlier. I figured trying that was better than doing nothing waiting to finish the paraguard

Reactions: angelcraze
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store