Get Your MonsterFishKeepers Cap

Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

1. Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Best food for Snowflake Eel?

Discussion in 'General Marine / Newbie' started by HarleyGrl81, Aug 16, 2017.

1. HarleyGrl81

HarleyGrl81 AC Members

Aug 23, 2017
    I have been feeding my snowflake Ghost Shrimp but he doesn't seem to be a big fan of them. Any suggestions as to what he may prefer to eat? IMG_20170727_205216.jpg

2. Mr. Bones

Mr. Bones AC Members

Boney
    Oct 2, 2017
    Boney
    diced crabs, mussels scallop, clams, market shrimp and krill.

3. HarleyGrl81

HarleyGrl81 AC Members

Aug 23, 2017
    Thank you. I have frozen shrimp and krill for other fish that I have but this eel requires live food correct?

4. Mr. Bones

Mr. Bones AC Members

Boney
    Oct 2, 2017
    Boney
    Many species would prefer live, but can be acclimated to most anything when they get hungry enough.

5. HarleyGrl81

HarleyGrl81 AC Members

Aug 23, 2017
    I try to keep him well-fed because two weeks ago I bought a Yellow Goby which it killed. As soon as I got home I put five Ghost Shrimp in and around the live rock cave he was and usually is in while I was acclimating the Goby. As soon as I placed the Goby into the tank he shot out and bit a hole in the middle of the Goby killing it instantly. I removed the dead Goby but he started swimming around the tank aggressively seeking out other fish. I placed him in a hatching tank and ran out and bought a few more Ghost Shrimp to feed him while he was in the hatching tank which he eventually ate but given that I have quite a bit of money invested into the fish and invertbrates in that tank I am trying to avoid any more loss of fish at the hands of this eel! I have not noticed him being aggressive like that since but after seeing his behavior I am worried. I would bring him back to the place I purchased him but it was something I had special-ordered for my husband because he really wanted the snowflake. I don't want to have to take away my husband's favorite tank mate but unless I can find him something that he is happy eating soon I don't think I have another choice. I have tried frozen shrimp and krill but it will not touch it.

6. tanker

tanker Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!

Jessica
    Yesterday at 12:09 AM
    Jessica
    He will eat it when he is hungry. Eels have very poor eye-sight, so the food must move for it to see. To feed it shrimp, ect, you will need a feeding stick, and put the food right in front of him.