Best food for Snowflake Eel?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

HarleyGrl81

AC Members
Aug 16, 2017
I have been feeding my snowflake Ghost Shrimp but he doesn't seem to be a big fan of them. Any suggestions as to what he may prefer to eat?IMG_20170727_205216.jpg

HarleyGrl81

AC Members
Aug 16, 2017
Thank you. I have frozen shrimp and krill for other fish that I have but this eel requires live food correct?

HarleyGrl81

AC Members
Aug 16, 2017
I try to keep him well-fed because two weeks ago I bought a Yellow Goby which it killed. As soon as I got home I put five Ghost Shrimp in and around the live rock cave he was and usually is in while I was acclimating the Goby. As soon as I placed the Goby into the tank he shot out and bit a hole in the middle of the Goby killing it instantly. I removed the dead Goby but he started swimming around the tank aggressively seeking out other fish. I placed him in a hatching tank and ran out and bought a few more Ghost Shrimp to feed him while he was in the hatching tank which he eventually ate but given that I have quite a bit of money invested into the fish and invertbrates in that tank I am trying to avoid any more loss of fish at the hands of this eel! I have not noticed him being aggressive like that since but after seeing his behavior I am worried. I would bring him back to the place I purchased him but it was something I had special-ordered for my husband because he really wanted the snowflake. I don't want to have to take away my husband's favorite tank mate but unless I can find him something that he is happy eating soon I don't think I have another choice. I have tried frozen shrimp and krill but it will not touch it.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
He will eat it when he is hungry. Eels have very poor eye-sight, so the food must move for it to see. To feed it shrimp, ect, you will need a feeding stick, and put the food right in front of him.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store