Best light for 20G long?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

coconutzest

AC Members
Jan 23, 2021
Real Name
Ella
Whats the best light for a 20G long? Right now I have a cheap led strip light on mine and the only plants that seem to enjoy it are anacharis and they grow very slow. My biggest concern is price, I don't have a lot of money to spend on a fancy light so if anyone knows a good light that isn't too expensive please let me know! Usually I do nano tanks and for those guys, a desk lamp works amazing but this tank it a bit big for that. lol. Any advise or opinions would be appreciated. :)

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Assuming being posted here, you want to grow plants..

The next question would be what plants,

There was at least a couple of good suggestions in the above thread, my suggestion would be to be sure to get a light that will dim, and invest in a timer.

Reactions: coconutzest

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Oh yes, I should have mentioned dougall's helpfulness too. He's much more focused on higher light but he knows his stuff!

I use a $5 Target timer for my lights on all my tanks.

I mostly go for low-medium light plants. But in a 20 long any light is closer to to the substrate & you may have a few more plant choices...if your ferts are better than mine tend to be...

Reactions: coconutzest
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store