Best online aquarium supply store?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
Perhaps not the correct topic for this forum, but who has the best prices generally?
I just bought some stuff from thatpetplace.com. I buy everything online and would like to know
a reliable and cheap online shop.

briar14

Dec 3, 2009
Salem,NH
Real Name
Ernie Paul
Kens offers the best prices combined with reasonable and speedy shipping policies. Kens is the best for me.

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
Price comparison between petplace/Kens of stuff I bought/will buy:

G6 prefilter cartridge: 19.89 / 32.99
Seachem Matrix carbon: 33.72 / 27.95
API activated filter carbon: 22oz for 6.96 / 14oz for 7.99
Flourish Potassium 500ml: 8.65 / 7.99
Prime: 11.08 / 9.25

Looks like we have to shop around, no one has best prices for everything.
I will bookmark Kens though, Thanks!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
For inexpensive filtration needs I like CLL Pet Supplies, eBay and Amazon.

DrsFosterandSmith are really good for hardware needs too.

67chevelle

Basset Hound
Jul 30, 2008
The places I get stuff from are Ken's, Fosters&Smith, That Pet Place, Amazon and Ebay. If you're looking for fish, Aquabid, Inverts by Mzjinkzd, Bob's Tropical Plants, Tangled up in Cichlids, and Bluegrass Aquatics all have some of my money.

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
I used to buy from Kens, Big Als & Drs F&S but I find now that by the time I add it all up with shipping (and the usual sales prices) I almost always end up buying from Drs F&S. I haven't been to Ken's in a long time though and the new site/prices look good.

henningc

AC Members
May 11, 2013
I have purchased dry goods from Pet Solutions and That Pet Place. Both have dependable service and reasonable shipping. I price shop them and look for free shipping or specials on the stuff I need. Typically, I make two big supply orders each year. I wait for a sale and order the works. For brine shrimp eggs nobody beats Brine Shrip Direct. Execllent produces and service.

For live stock, Blue Grass for cichlids, Consolidated Fish Farm for more common stuff, Select Aquatics if you're into live bearers or conservation of extinct animals and Aquabid for odd stuff. Careful on Aquabid. Hansypatty and caveman have been very good to deal with. Check out who ever you're buying from.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I think it depends what you're looking to buy.. I've mostly shopped at larger stores online (I will normally go to That Pet Place in person) and for dry goods will look mostly for price.

I will give preference to vendors who sponsor aquarium clubs or events, most recently I had a handful of $20 gift certificates from Drs Foster + Smith (Free from the NEC convention) so they ended up with my business.

I've also bought from Kensfish recently, Your Fish Stuff and others.

try looking at the list of AC Vendors, and direct your purchases to them if possible; pay back a little of what they do to make the forum possible.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store