Betta tank for friend

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
Do it then or else she will kill the poor betta.
Yes! I know! I'm surprised it isn't dear already. I'm not expecting it to survive toe move, honestly

CichlidFins

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Real Name
Jay
If the betta has been in the vase for a bit of time you can expect BB to be on whatever decor is in the vase/small container, if there is any. Move all that over and you don't need to fish-in cycle.

Reactions: Amazoniantanklvr

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
If the betta has been in the vase for a bit of time you can expect BB to be on whatever decor is in the vase/small container, if there is any. Move all that over and you don't need to fish-in cycle.
I know that but she want to do a panted tank and I'd recommend a nutrient substrate or at least a natural colored substrate (it is currently pink, I believe). I am still waiting for a pic. I'd encourage her to get the fish out of there as soon as possible. It'll be pink substrate with bb the media cycle then remove the ps.

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
If shes changing substrate, what she can do is take her old substrate, put it in a media bag (dont let it dry out) and place it in the filter of the new tank to seed the cycle. Ive done this in the past to cycle new tanks.

Reactions: CichlidFins

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
If shes changing substrate, what she can do is take her old substrate, put it in a media bag (dont let it dry out) and place it in the filter of the new tank to seed the cycle. Ive done this in the past to cycle new tanks.
Ah good idea. Might have her do that to. We'll see.

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
Also I ran across another cool bottom feeder: the rosy lack. Should be ok in a 5 gal LONG.

CichlidFins

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Real Name
Jay
Rosy loaches are not bottom feeders and are pretty sensitive. Also uncommon to run by, only seen a couple at my LFS.

They should be fine in a regular 5g but your friend needs to keep up on water changes with a tank that overstocked.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store