Bettas...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aquariumfishguy

Social Regular
Jul 14, 2003
Michigan, USA
www.care4fish.com
This is just a side comment, but....

...I notice you captialized each first letter in your original post. I am not picky about spelling/grammatical errors, I just wanted to say that must take a LOT of work! :p

I am far too lazy to get creative...:eek:

hcgirl80

i is a gud righter lyke leela.
Jun 3, 2004
USA
www.freewebs.com
Originally posted by aquariumfishguy
This is just a side comment, but....

...I notice you captialized each first letter in your original post. I am not picky about spelling/grammatical errors, I just wanted to say that must take a LOT of work! :p

I am far too lazy to get creative...:eek:
It's A Habit....:D

kikuchiyo

Shogun
May 9, 2004
Atlanta, GA
Visit site
At least once a week is rather misleading. The ammonia build up after three days in an unfiltered 1 gallon container is more than sufficent to warrant a signfigant (50 - 100%) water change.

Do some water testing on the third day. If you feed even once a day, it should be high enough that a water change is necessary.

Last edited:

hcgirl80

Jun 3, 2004
USA
www.freewebs.com
In A Filtered Aquarium, How Often Must You Change The Water?
(Counting the bi-weekly Water Change)

kikuchiyo

Shogun
May 9, 2004
Atlanta, GA
Visit site
For a filtered two gallon with one betta, I understand that 30% once a week is sufficent (according to some people I've talked to on the net). Your mileage may vary. I like doing 50% just because I have a 1 gallon water jug that I can put enough in to do so. You'd want to treat a 2 gallon filtered tank like a larger one and avoid doing 100% water changes on a regular basis (I think that's what you mean by "Counting the bi-weekly Water Change"). The only reason smaller containers get 100% changes (ideally every 3 days for 1 gallon, and more often for anything smaller) is because they foul up so quickly.

Last edited:

hcgirl80

Jun 3, 2004
USA
www.freewebs.com
This Person Has Taken Care Of Fish Before (Feeder Guppies, They Satisfy Her And Their CHEAP!) But It Was An Unfiltered Deal:eek:. I'm Gonna Buy Her A Filtered 2.5 gallon(minibow:D) for the betta. If I put the betta in that tank, Will there be room for anyone else?

Also: How Do You Heat A 2.5 Gallon?? Where this aquarium will go will be Beside A Window, And I Know That Bettas Will Survive In Coldwater, So Would That Be Okay At Night?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store