Big Als online

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
I

IGKYA!!!

Can someone explain how this merchant can offer such low prices? They are waaaaaay lower than other LFSs or online places. Is it because their warehouse is in Canada? What else?

And customer service, which you would expect to be crappy for a discount dealer, is GREAT (in my experiences, at least)!!

JamisonBWolsh

I am what I am. Defender of truth!
Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
They buy in BULK, so they get better deals on their products. Hence, the prices they sell to you is cheaper.

I

IGKYA!!!

Originally posted by IGKYA!!!
Can someone explain how this merchant can offer such low prices? They are waaaaaay lower than other LFSs or online places. Is it because their warehouse is in Canada? What else?

And customer service, which you would expect to be crappy for a discount dealer, is GREAT (in my experiences, at least)!!
Are they the BIGGEST online retailer?

Elmo

AC Members
Dec 8, 2001
London, Ontario
I think they also have a warehouse in Buffalo.

Richer

AC Members
Aug 7, 2002
Edmonton, AB
They're not so low on their Canadian site if you convert the US prices over to Canadian... but comparatively, they are still pretty decently priced compared to other Canadian stores (cept for maybe MOPs). But then again, Big Al's has a lowest price policy, so they could probably beat MOPs' pricing as well.

-Richer

kbaker721

AC Members
Dec 7, 2002
PA
Visit site
Some things are cheaper than other online stores but not everything. I have use That Fish (Pet) Place online, they have awesome prices, and are quick in shipping and service...

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
SSSShhhh! Only AC Members...

I got the best price for my Onyx sand from them....
They have good deals... :)

ewok

Senile Member
Jun 11, 2002
new haven ct.
another basic rule of ...ummm... retailing?

they can do it somewhat because they are entirely a web and mailorder business. maybe that's why they are more expensive in canada too, they have stores. by being web based they have very little overhead. they don't have to buy or rent a store... pay utilities... stock the stuff in a 100 different places... and pay some *cough* knowledgable employee to explain the benefits of using or buying the product...........

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store