Big Als online

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Skippy

Grand Poobah of Fun
Aug 22, 2000
Dallas, TX
web.of.slacking.net
I know I printed a few pages from Big Als and took into an LFS that said they woudl meat or beat any advertised price and they ended up flat out telling me they wouldn't.

Fed up some story about "well any advertised price doesnt include the internet because who knows if t's real"

Then the employee who was forced to give me that line from her manager wrote down the URL and thanked me for showing her.

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
they have little to no overhead...

when your not paying for a retail location you dont have a whole lot of expenses.

However, they do have retail stores in Canada....

Anton Wernher

AC Members
Feb 24, 2002
NC
joe,
How many bags(or total lbs/kg) did you order from them and how much was the shipping. They don't list rates heavy items such as substrate.

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Originally posted by Anton Wernher
joe,
How many bags(or total lbs/kg) did you order from them and how much was the shipping. They don't list rates heavy items such as substrate.
It's been awhile now. I do know that if I ordered it thru LFS's here, I'd waste money. Big Al's had the best prices, even with shipping charges!
(looking for the reciept now..)

Richer

AC Members
Aug 7, 2002
Edmonton, AB
In all honesty, I've never bought from an online shop before... i've never found the need to. A small LFS near here sells all the fertillize + food I need... for even less than what Big Al's has it for (mainly cuz I get a discount from the small store). On top of that, they got awesome plants and fish there, so I want to support them.
As for equipement, from now on I'll probably just buy from the Big Al's that just opened here a couple months ago. As far as I can tell, the prices are the same as the online prices. For me, convienece is worth the extra money... I'd rather pay a slightly higher price to get my stuff now, rather than later... call me impatient, but thats how I am =)

-Richer

99RedSi

AC Members
Dec 2, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
Originally posted by Richer
In all honesty, I've never bought from an online shop before... i've never found the need to. A small LFS near here sells all the fertillize + food I need... for even less than what Big Al's has it for (mainly cuz I get a discount from the small store). On top of that, they got awesome plants and fish there, so I want to support them.
As for equipement, from now on I'll probably just buy from the Big Al's that just opened here a couple months ago. As far as I can tell, the prices are the same as the online prices. For me, convienece is worth the extra money... I'd rather pay a slightly higher price to get my stuff now, rather than later... call me impatient, but thats how I am =)

-Richer
You're blessed! ALL the LFS around here suck! Little to no plants whatsoever. And the fish leave something to be desired too :(.

Mongrel

I am just a mere member
Nov 29, 2002
Mass
home.attbi.com
I buy almost everything at Big Als. I found that their prices are considerably lower than the local LFS. I bought the fluval 404 for 99 dollars at Big Als, around here the lowest I saw was $169. I only use the local LFS for immediate supplies.

Wippit Guud

///\\oo//\\\
Sep 27, 2002
PEI, Canada
I only wish Big Als shipped fish... I miss the selection of being near a store.

jdheff1982

No you're not! I'm Sparticus!
Aug 17, 2002
Wichita, KS
Visit site
I ordered a Filstar XP3 today from them. About how quick is Big Als in getting stuff shipped. Do you thik I will get this item this week??

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store