Black convicts compatibility?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

qquake2k

AC Members
May 3, 2006
Northern California
I have a 46g bowfront, with a 6-7" pleco, a 4" gold gourami, a 1" zebra danio, and a 1" black neon. Would two black convicts be compatible? Should I move the neon and danio to another tank? Also, what other cichlids would be compatible with the black convicts? Thanks!

sunshinetrenie

AC Members
Feb 21, 2009
Indianapolis, Indiana
i wouldnt put convicts in with any of thos fish. convicts are aggressive and will probably torment the others. what kind of pleco is it? im asking because if it is a common pleco it will outgrow your tank.

qquake2k

AC Members
May 3, 2006
Northern California
i wouldnt put convicts in with any of thos fish. convicts are aggressive and will probably torment the others. what kind of pleco is it? im asking because if it is a common pleco it will outgrow your tank.
As far as I know, it's a common pleco. It's been in there about 4 years now.

norfolkboy

AC Members
May 1, 2009
Norfolk. England
I don't fancy the Neon or Danio's chances, breakfast for a Black Convict.
personally I wouldn't put them in the tank, they would be ok with similar cichlids in another tank.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Would they bother the pleco or gold dourami that are bigger than the convicts?
They may or may not bother them. I would buy female cons if you can. They stay smaller and aren't as aggressive. They're also very easy to sex, even at a small size.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Females are more colorful with orange spots on their bellies. Males have no orange and usually tiny dark spots on their dorsal and anal fins.

Here's my one female.

My male con.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store