Black moor goldfish “sleeping” only during day

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Saigefeather

Registered Member
May 15, 2021
So I️ don’t know how to use this app but I️ really do need help. I️ got a baby black moor goldfish recently and at first it was fine swimming around and was very active I️ fed it a few fish flakes every other day, but it then started hanging out at the bottom of the tank and not moving much. We tested the PH of the water and it was fine so I️ looked it up and google said I️ overfed him and just need to wait till he digests his food. However, during the day he sits at the bottom of the tank all day and doesn’t move but around 7-8pm I️ all of a sudden see him swimming around like he is completely fine and nothing happened. It seems to me like he is nocturnal now but that doesn’t make sense to me. Is this normal for fish should I️ be worried? Also I️ currently have him in a 10 gallon tank right now but I️ am preparing my 30 gallon tank for when he starts to grow. I️ also have a filter in my current tank.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Is the tank brand new? How often are you doing water changes and how much water are you changing each time?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store