Blue's Tang Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

blue2fyre

Blue Fish
Oct 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
Ashley
Some updates on the 20 gallon:

The multis have been rehomed and things are much calmer now. The calvus are growing well and I have added 6 Chalinochromis brichardi and 5 syno petricola. Things are going really well. I moved around the rock and the plants have been growing well.

Then 2 days ago a fix I had done to the trim of the tank failed and dumped my light into the tank. I brainstormed a bit and decided since a 20 long is rather cheap I would try and find another one and use my current one as a QT tank since my 5.5 is just too small. I posted locally and ended up trading my multis, shells, and 5.5 for a 29 gallon tank :)

I think my Tangs will appreciate the extra room. The platies will also like having a little more space to get away from the grumpy calvus.

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I think Blue got the PTS (Pittbull's Trading Syndrome)... Contagious disease it is! :uhoh:

blue2fyre

Blue Fish
Oct 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
Ashley
You're telling me.

So new 29 is set up and looks fantastic! The fish are using much more of the upper space then I thought they would. The day after I set it up I went to use my light, that somehow survived the fall in, and the switch broke. So I scraped it, gave up and ordered a new t5 fixture. Should be here next week, I just hope my plants don't die before then. I'll get new pictures once I have a light.

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
Glad the 29 is looking good and sorry to hear about your light. If you really need one I have a glo t5 that isn't in use right now that I'd be happy to loan you. Thought I'd throw that out there for ya.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store