breeding albino cories

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
r u? its still here;)

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
lol, look at post 6

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
What are your water parameters? Specifically Ph, GH and KH. The most common issue I see with breeding cories is water that is too hard. If you find that your ranges are high try using Indian Almond Leaves, Peat filtration and/or Alder Cones to make it more favorable to the fish.

What are you using as conditioning food? Live food as always is best when trying to breed fish.

Do you have anything for them to breed on? Cories tend to breed on broad leaf plants such as Amazon Swords so the addition could help in spawning.

HTH

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
What are your water parameters? Specifically Ph, GH and KH. The most common issue I see with breeding cories is water that is too hard. If you find that your ranges are high try using Indian Almond Leaves, Peat filtration and/or Alder Cones to make it more favorable to the fish.

What are you using as conditioning food? Live food as always is best when trying to breed fish.

Do you have anything for them to breed on? Cories tend to breed on broad leaf plants such as Amazon Swords so the addition could help in spawning.

HTH
my ph is pretty high, so that might be it. i feed them shrimp pellets, finely crushed flakes, and the occasional treat of bloodworms. they also eat algae pellets for my loaches and pleco. ive got a big sword in my tank.

thx,

spencer

joon

AC Members
Jan 4, 2006
Philadelphia
www.facebook.com
breeding albino cory is not that hard
if u just feed them flake food , its hard
but if u take care of their food for a while , its not that hard especially albino and green

i bred albinos few years ago
i kept 7 of them for an year,
i fed them real good with live bloodworms and frozen food for a week
and then make water change at 7pm 30% with cooler water,
they always laid eggs for me over night

T- position
its a sign that they are a pair and about lay eggs
they keep making these position , swimming around together and then will lay eggs!
(im okay to use these pics as long as i show where it came from
these pics from dampopo.com)
12.JPG13.JPG01.JPG02.JPG
03.JPG04.JPG
05.JPG06.JPG07.JPG08.JPG09.JPG10.JPG
10.JPG11.JPG

12.JPG 13.JPG 01.JPG 02.JPG 03.JPG 04.JPG 05.JPG 06.JPG 07.JPG 08.JPG 09.JPG 10.JPG 11.JPG

joon

AC Members
Jan 4, 2006
Philadelphia
www.facebook.com
im so afraid where this article from
but if u are interested in breeding cories,
this is what i followed :D
copy it on ur computer , i will remove it soon...cuz i dont know where it come from ...

1.jpgBreeding The Corydoras

This is one subject that crops up regularly;
I will try to give you an easy description of the basics.
Most but not all Corydoras breed in the same manner,
there are a few that need more coaxing to get them going but this will give you the basic idea.
The majority of Amazonian fish are triggered into spawning by the seasons of the year.
Drought with little food followed by the floods with an abundance of food.
This is usually the only stimulus they need to start breeding.
In the aquarium we have got to try and replicate the seasons of the year to induce spawning.
One way of doing this is as follows:
I use small tanks 18" x 15" x 15" for breeding Cory's, Silica sand substrate,
25C with small air driven foam filter, small bunch of Java Moss and Fern are sometimes used.
Select your Breeding stock having 2 males to 1 female.

Feed well on good quality foods such as Brine Shrimp, Bloodworm etc.
After two weeks of this the filter should be starting to slow down, and water movement should be relatively slow.
Gradually reduce the quantity of food but not the quality over the next week, do not clean the filter.
Now remove 50% of the water volume, Clean the filter and refill with water at a temperature of 20-22C.
You hopefully will find lots of eggs stuck firmly to the glass and on any plants present the next morning,
remove parents and add 1 drop per gallon of Methylene Blue.
Eggs should hatch in about three days at 26C and should be fed Microworm or
Baby Brine Shrimp as first food after they have used up their yolk sac (a further 2-3 days).
Please note this is only a rough idea of the principle.

1.jpg

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
thx for all the info, joon! this is really helping!

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
thx again for the info!

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Moved!:)

joon is 100% correct. And the albinos are just the easiest cories to breed! Like rabbits! So once they are adult size, frozen bloodworms every day! They need that protein!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store