Building a full Setup...Part 1

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
Do you have baffels inbetween the "t" peice outlet and the return pump???

If not you may want to extend thet pipe into the water to prevent micro bubbles. Would also eliminate splashing sounds.

Also please see the mod I did on my seaclon in this thread it made it a LOT quieter!
http://www.captivereefing.com/showthread.php?t=4521

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Yes mate..i have a 3 baffle bubble trap..

that has also answered a question i posted the other day...how deep in water can the seaclone be...I wondered if the there was a limit to the depth it can work at...Can you explain your seaclone mod to me in words please mate..

Niko

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
I just cut off the peice twhere the water exits the skimmer. The water comeing out of the skimmer now flows down the body of the skimmer eliminateing the splashing noise. Also since micro bubbles are no problem I took the little air restrictor off and I let it run full boar so that I get maximum air contact with the water.

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
No problem glad I could help!!

cweber

AC Members
Dec 12, 2006
Oklahoma
Hey Niko lookin good! im ready to see the finished product.

Jojo, i to have a sea clone skimmer. I have heard from a lot of people they are junk. Do you like it, or did you just have it laying around? I would like to use mine again, as i dont have the funds for a "more expensive unit." I also like the mods, and am gonna try it on my setup.

Cory

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
Well taken in consideration that I run a 100 gal rated skimmer on a total water volume of 15 gal yes I would say it works great, would I put it on anything bigger....NOPE!!!!!!

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
cheers for the comments people....much appreciated...big day tomorrow....am like a ruddy child before his birthday here....he he he he

Also, never had a problem with my seaclone, i think its been just great for me...

Niko

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store