Building a full Setup...Part 1

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Yep, that extra size for maintenance is very nice! Been considering some of the light weight building products coated with veneers for the next one, using solid wood bracing for mounting lights.

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
sounds like a good idea that does...Unfortunatly for us in the UK, that stuff costs an absolutly fortune compared to using MDF and varnish/stain....

The space for maintenance on my hood is fab, lots of room to anything i like without moving any of the lights...

Niko

Reefscape

Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
well, it can be anything really, getting your arm in there to sort something with the rock work, remove a dead invert or fish, move a coral, work on any equipment you have in the tank...

The last you want is to be hampered by the hood. When you have a tank that is quite deep and stands high off the ground, you need to be able to access all area's with removing things like lights and hoods else a 5 minute job can turn into half an hour if you have to remove lights out so you can lift the hood off...

All in all, it makes life so much easier...

Niko

Reefscape

Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Ok then, one last update to this thread now the system has settled down..

Just wanted to post a full shot so people can see the virgin reef...

Time to start getting some corals in there now..Any future posts will be on a new thread..

Just want to thank everybody who has given input into this thread when i got stuck and needed advice..

Mainly JoJo for some very helpfull advice..

Thanks people..

Niko signing off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bday:

Full-Shot.jpg

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
Looks good! Time to start a new thread so we can watch her mature!!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Can't wait!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store