Call me crazy...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sumthin fishy

I eat spam
Aug 22, 2005
central california
Real Name
mike
Ok, mabey I should have been more clear on that. Make an attempt at spelling good. I screw that up all the time, But if you try to sound intelegent you will get a better answer than if you try to sound like a fool.

"Thanx 4 dat, I no spl gud but i try 2 give the info u ask 4" would have had me suspicious of you ;)

graphicdesign_r

Tact is for the weak.
Oct 31, 2005
In your nightmares.
sumthin fishy said:
We just are tired of helping people who simply want to disagree with proper fishcare.
And I, for one, no longer give people the benefit of the doubt. Especially people who:

...have already been well addressed in a hundred previous posts they could easily take the time to read (like "help my betta is sick and I don't know why" and it turns out to be in an unfiltered unheated betta vase).

...start arguing when they don't like the suggestions, and take criticism of stocking or tank care as a personal affront. We come here to help you with your fish, not to coddle you.

...take no time to learn about the fish they buy. It's like buying a dog, feeding it lettuce for two years, and then going online to a dog forum and asking what's wrong with your dog. Stupid right? Fish are subject to many inappropriate and cruel things due to laziness and apathy.

...people who have the attitude "hey I've been doing this wrong for years and it works for me". It's 100% worse when these people give advice, ESPECIALLY when it's just what the person asking the question wants to hear and takes that person's advice as proof of sound practice. Posting incorrect information can be worse than all of the above... it perpetuates bad practice and cruelty to animals.

:help:

graphicdesign_r

Tact is for the weak.
Oct 31, 2005
In your nightmares.
sumthin fishy said:
"Thanx 4 dat, I no spl gud but i try 2 give the info u ask 4"
C'mon, those are just people trying to save money text messaging from their cell phone browsers.

:D

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
..well it could be extreme luck with fat fingers....

plah831

Am I mod enough?
Apr 29, 2006
Monterey Bay, CA
fishcatch22 said:
baboons don't actually have buttcheeks. they have hard pads on their butts called ischial callosites instead.
LOL :D I'm glad you have the technical term for their krusty azzes
Monkeys are all nasty to me. I know technically they're not "monkeys" either, although baboons are in the same family Cercopithecidae as old world monkeys (infraorder Catarrhini - the Old World primates), including colobus and proboscis monkeys.

Primates and pigs are the only animals that scare me. Weird, isn't it?

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
plah831 said:
LOL :D I'm glad you have the technical term for their krusty azzes
Monkeys are all nasty to me. I know technically they're not "monkeys" either, although baboons are in the same family Cercopithecidae as old world monkeys (infraorder Catarrhini - the Old World primates), including colobus and proboscis monkeys.

Primates and pigs are the only animals that scare me. Weird, isn't it?
nothing scares me. not bugs, not sharks, not charging grizzly bears.

plah831

Am I mod enough?
Apr 29, 2006
Monterey Bay, CA
fishcatch22 said:
nothing scares me. not bugs, not sharks, not charging grizzly bears.
i know. i'm not scared of spiders or bugs, unless they sneak up on me while i'm chillin' on my couch. then it feels invasive.

i'm not scared of sharks, duh i work with them. but i think i would s**t myself if i was diving and saw a 20 foot great white.

the only thing i can figure about the monkey/ape thing (lemurs don't scare me at all) is that they're too human-like. plus they're so strong and active.

pigs i just don't like at all. especially the big hogs and domestic pigs. the squealing/screaming just sends shivers down my spine. i don't mind the smaller wild pigs nearly as much.

well, you're from AK, so you've probably seen chargin grizzlies :)

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
plah831 said:
well, you're from AK, so you've probably seen chargin grizzlies :)
not yet, but I have seen grizzlies eating my garbage! why, there was once one that wouldn't stop tearing into my garbage, so I borrowed my neighbor's crossbow and shot him right in the azz! it was just little target crossbow, not a high powered hunting one, so he wasn't severly hurt. still hasn't been back since, though! :D

On the subject of bear sightings... I was staying in a cabin up in the Smoky Mountains recently, and in the middle of the day, a large black bear went ambling happily across the porch and over to the trashcan to get some leftovers from supper the night before.

Ah, Tennessee. So much wildlife!

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
darn.... he's back again... i'll go load the crossbow...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store