can blood parrots eat feeders?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

munkee

AC Members
Oct 21, 2001
i know the BP topic is iffy, but has anyone ever saw a BP eat some fast feeder fish? are they capable of catching any with the "mouth" they posess?

friend of oscar

AC Members
Dec 1, 2001
Visit site
My old male parrot I used to have would catch one every now and then but he normally wouldnt chase them. But my parrot was not deformed and it was a parrot/devil mix. I have seen ones that are deformed eat dead feeders but not live ones.

Lynsey

AC Members
Nov 28, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
I have seen a very large BP eat a few feeder goldfish. He kind of squished them against the glass with his weird little mouth. However, my BP is about 5" and I don't think he could fit a fish in his mouth. I think it depends on what kind of mouth they have.

Hootchieman

I may be crazy, but I'm not insane.
Oct 22, 2002
Victoria, B.C.
Visit site
I find that my BPs have a hard time eating most foods. Their coordination seems off and they miss the food most of the time. I have three Rosy Barbs in with my 6" Parrots and they don't pay any attention to them, but I did loose some neons mysteriously.

kewlparrotz

AC Members
Dec 24, 2002
Visit site
ive never bought feeder fish for my three 5inch parrotts but ive bought neon tetras for my tank one night and when i woke up all three were gone so im assuming that my parrots ate them
so it depends on the size of the parrot and the shape of theirmouth cuz if the mouth is to messed up then they wont try to eat the feeders

kewlparrotz

AC Members
Dec 24, 2002
Visit site
cmon now stop talkin bout the parrotts they are fish too and some people like them exspecially me mine show more personality than any cichlid ive ever had so if you dont like them why cant u just keep it to yourself u dont need to come on here and talk down to them
aight peace out

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store