Can you ID my frontosas?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aknif

...maybe the Dingo ate your baby!!
Dec 27, 2004
Denver, CO
I picked up 6 of these little buggers this weekend. Wondering what variant they are??

aknif

Dec 27, 2004
Denver, CO
Sorry to drag up my old thread here, but I've been doing some digging. I don't think mine are Bismarcks, the ones I see online seem to have really dark faces but I can't seem to find any pics of juvie Bismarcks either, so maybe that happens with age.

I have found pics of Burundi juvies and I think they look just like what I have here... The LFS had them marked simply as "Frontosas" and could not tell me what variety.

So, my final question... Does it really matter? Is there any real great difference I need to know about? I do NOT want to breed these fish, that is not my intention, but I understand they will likely breed in a 135g eventually if they're happy. If that happens, I'll be happy to cull if these guys are some kinda "mutt" strain or something.

Any additional help would be appreciated! :)

fish_breeder_05

American Idiot
Aug 23, 2005
Hastings, NE
nice substrate :eek: :bowing: my lfs sells 8-12" frontosas for 50 bucks each

stingray25

AC Members
Nov 4, 2005

stingray25

AC Members
Nov 4, 2005
Message deleted due to inappropriate language.

Last edited by a moderator:

aknif

Dec 27, 2004
Denver, CO
Um... guys. I know they're frontosa. I am trying to determine what VARIETY of Frontosa they are... Are they Bismarcks? Burundi?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store