Canisters AGAIN!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

skeletalmachine

Gun fighter
Jan 21, 2003
Delta, BC, Canada
www.stjinks.com
Another vote for the classics. Cheeper that the pros, available in a wider range of sizes, no possibility of water bypassing the media and the same quality of any other eheim filter. I own both a Eheim 2215 and a fluval 304 and I can say hands down that the eheim is the superior filter.

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Originally posted by aquatic-store
ehiems are so simple to use, clean, start, prime, My best seller and very few questions ever regarding its use. ... ...Http://www.Aquatic-store.com

Co2, Plants, Substrate, Filters, Heaters, UV and more

What are your store hours? I'd like to stop by and actually see an Eheim up close - and maybe even touch one! LOL... I've never seen them in a LFS. :D

beviking

Senior Member, Sophomoric Attitude
Feb 16, 2002
Syracuse, NY
I have handled an eheim (2028) and must say they seem to be very well made (whispers under his breath..."for that kind of $ they out to be...) and from accounts by users they seem to be the way to go.
I have an XP3 and love it. It's the only filter on my 90g tank. In my opinion (that sounds haughty!) rather, my 2cents is for the $, the filstar is hard to beat!

...he sees an opening...RTR wrote it...he takes a shot...

...let's hope the old adage "they don't make 'em like they use to" isn't true for Eheims;)

sheepishly edits post as he realizes he handled the pro II, not classic...

Last edited:

skeletalmachine

Gun fighter
Jan 21, 2003
Delta, BC, Canada
www.stjinks.com
I find the Eheim classics are competitively priced with the filstar and fluval filters, especially considering the quality of the filters. At my LFS they convinced me to buy an Eheim instead of a Fluval. The manager claimed that he was no longer going to carry the fluval filters as he was getting so many complaints about them breaking and was constantly selling replacement parts for them. When I was reluctant to spend the extra 40 dollars for the Eheim he offered to sell it to me at the same price as the Fluval as he just didn't want to sell a Fluval to anyone. I've noticed that on the american big als site the price difference is even smaller between the classics and the filstar/fluvals.

CJhearsu

AC Members
Mar 5, 2004
Visit site
Requesting reply from Aquatic-Store, et al.

I noticed Aquatic-Store's post concerning Eheims as a good CO2 reactor, and hope I can get an answer to my question. I just bought an Eheim 2213 Classic and set up a DIY yeast-based CO2 generator. I fed the CO2 airline to the basket on the Eheim's intake tube. My generator is producing LOTS of CO2 (1 bubble every two seconds, but that may slow down, of course). What is happening is that the CO2 gas is being trapped in the filter media that came with the Eheim, then every few minutes, the CO2 builds up enough that the canister has to release it, causing a rush of CO2 bubbles into the output tube/spray bar. I'm not sure that any of the CO2 is actually being dissolved, and I'm also concerned that this all-at-once release of the gas is going to damage the impeller. It certainly causes the Eheim to produce some noise.

Any and all input will be greatly appreciated, as this is my first aquarium in many years, and I'm trying to do this right the first time (but on a budget!)

Thank you,

CJ

jeffro426

AC Members
Dec 17, 2003
Visit site
The eheims are great but for the money i dont think you can beat the XP3...their SUPER simple to clean and everything comes out in nice, neat baskets...their quiet, and so far have been extremely reliable. I have no doubt in my mind that the eheims work great, but i would much rather pay less than half the price for something that does the job just as well...and if mine is broken in 20-30 years, then maybe ill consider an eheim.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store