Catch and Release or Keep

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

How many practive C&R?

• Release Everything

Votes: 46 40.4%
  • Keep a few, release a few

Votes: 59 51.8%
  • Keep most of my catch

Votes: 9 7.9%

• Total voters

Bubbles2112

Is someone behind me???
Jun 22, 2008
North Carolina, USA
Real Name
Barbara
When I was living out west in Idaho and Montana--I'd keep trout as long as I could cook it and eat it right then and there. Yummy! But now I release everything as I do not trust the water.

Thalan

AC Members
Sep 26, 2009
I keep all the SW I can, but release all the FW. Mostly because of the places I fish FW....

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
I fish for any and everything but the only fish i will keep and clean is Sauger and Crappie but i have never kept or ate a largemouth bass i so want to try it.. River fishing is fun caught a few large Garrs in my time and a huge paddlefish i snagged on accident..

D. Hedington

AC Members
Sep 20, 2009
QLD
I dont keep many fish out of the river, its heavily fished, and we have alot of redneck fisho's that basicly catch and keep everything, or just kill it for the hell of it, i dont mind keeping a fish if its gut hooked but i try to work on my own slot limits

fballguy

yum
Feb 27, 2006
Everett, WA
www.freshwaterfanatics.com
It depends what I catch. Bluegill and most other sunfish I rarely keep. Any bass big enough to get decent fillets off is a keeper. All legal walleyes are keepers. Big perch are excellent eating. Trout are always kept because they are plentiful in the fall and if they are not big enough for me to eat they make excellent crab bait the next summer. Also will keep any catfish over 12 inches. When it comes to salmon, if it isnt a baby it is a keeper.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
It depends what I catch. Bluegill and most other sunfish I rarely keep. Any bass big enough to get decent fillets off is a keeper. All legal walleyes are keepers. Big perch are excellent eating. Trout are always kept because they are plentiful in the fall and if they are not big enough for me to eat they make excellent crab bait the next summer. Also will keep any catfish over 12 inches. When it comes to salmon, if it isnt a baby it is a keeper.
LOL we are a bit on opposite ends.. I keep sunfish,bluegills, crappie etc(as long as they are not tiny. (good eats)

;)

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
We only keep what we intend to eat. This is how we raised our boys on hunting too - "if you are not going to eat it, don't kill it".

fsn77

AC Moderators
Staff member
Feb 22, 2006
SC
If a fish runs into me, it can pretty much count on going back in the water... My wife isn't a fan of eating fish and I don't find myself wanting to clean fish just for myself. The only exception would be if I'm out camping, but happens so rarely now.

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Lansing Michigan/Mesick Michigan
Real Name
Ben
im a die hard fisherman and hunter and i keep alot of fish, tough i need to cause money is short, if its to small or to big i put it back, i dont think 22 in bass tast good but 15in are great,

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store