Catch and Release or Keep

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

How many practive C&R?

• Release Everything

Votes: 46 40.4%
  • Keep a few, release a few

Votes: 59 51.8%
  • Keep most of my catch

Votes: 9 7.9%

• Total voters

daclozer

AC Members
Apr 20, 2010
I release pretty much all of the freshwater fish I catch and about 95% of the saltwate fish. I usually only take a few snappers or a grouper or a dolphin to eat. I like them fresh so I only take what I am going to eat right away. I don't freeze anything.

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Large stripers are unable to breed (somewhere around 32" they no longer breed) and are worth keeping. The meat makes a very good meal.

captmicha

Le tired.
Dec 6, 2006
Maryland, USA
I like catching and releasing because you get the fun of fishing but the satisfaction of knowing that what you caught will go on living. I use circle hooks because they have something like a 99% chance of going through the lip instead of being swallowed and causing internal damage. This goes for freshwater and saltwater (when I'm lucky enough to go).

I made the decision one summer day when I was fishing off a boat in the gulf stream. We caught over 200lbs of wahoo and mahi mahi. Guess where it all ended up? Uneaten for the most part in our freezer. What a senseless waste of life.

BioHazard

Here and There
Mar 15, 2009
PA
I release them all, just because I don't like the taste of fish.

Although, once we get the flesh eating beetles up and running again, I will mke no promises.

Scuppers

AC Members
Jan 8, 2010
Oklahoma
Well, quite frankly, having just moved from Kodiak Island, Alaska I tend to catch my salmon 300lb at a time and find it real difficult to release them! Same with halibut, ling-cod etc.

Bassasin

AC Members
Jul 8, 2011
I catch to many to keep ;) I keep 1 or 2 if I'm hungry. release if they are too small or giant ( to be caught again) . And for anyone that said LM arent good eating you couldnt be more wrong!

Zaffy

Why would ******* be censored?
Jul 21, 2008
Canyon Country, Ca.
I release everything*.

*except for what I very rarely
keep.

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
I keep, often times people complain when I catch them. I find it much easier to just catch and eat as quickly as possible, that way I don't spoil the meat.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store