Catch and release?!?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ThomasAllen

AC Members
Jan 23, 2016
Louisiana
Real Name
Thomas Allen
Am I the only one who loves to fish but will only eat 1 specific type of fish? I will fish all day, as much as I can only to release and have done this my entire life.

Reactions: Wild West

Wild West

AC Members
Mar 6, 2015
Dear husband fished every chance he could for the first 20 years of marriage. He would release anything we did not eat, and still loved the sport of fishing:) As well as released fish we would have eaten in catch and release only rivers. (colorado/wyoming)

smitty

AC Members
Jul 8, 2004
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
Real Name
Jeffrey Smith
Camera Used
Olympus FE-370; Sony HDR-CX580
I have watched and released mostly everything I have ever caught.

ThomasAllen

AC Members
Jan 23, 2016
Louisiana
Real Name
Thomas Allen
I only eat freshly caught tuna. Occasionally I'll eat gar fish but other then that I really don't like the taste of fish, really enjoy fishing though. I live in the southern part of Louisiana so I get to do all sorts of fishing. My favorite is where the fresh water and salt water mixes into each other, I have caught monster sized catfish and lots of red snapper there.

Duckie

AC Members
Mar 14, 2015
Catch and release is cruel. I don't agree with calling fishing a sport. Fishing is hunting. And hunting is not a sport either in my book. It is a way for gathering food and to protect against predators. Any other use for hunting has no practical use as much fun as it may be.

Duckie

AC Members
Mar 14, 2015
No harm has been done? How do you pull the fish out of the water without having a sharp hook stuck in their mouth? What about psychological stress from being hunted for no reason? Only because a fish won't scream at you doesn't mean it can't feel pain.

Duckie

AC Members
Mar 14, 2015
If you enjoy fishing you should be aware of what you are doing. I simply stated my opinion that catch and release is cruel. If you only wanted people to answer your thread that agree with you, then you should have said so. Here is some food for thought:

Researchers at the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation found that as many as 43 percent of fish released after being caught died within six days.
from http://www.peta.org/issues/animals-in-entertainment/cruel-sports/fishing/

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store