Centerpiece for my invert tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Yeah, you're going to be limited with only a Petsmart available. I'd look for small tetras or rasboras like mentioned. I like the idea of a bunch of dwarf or pygmy corys too. I can't see them specifically preying on shrimp. I've got emerald corys (aren't really corys) that I don't care much for. Extremely skittish.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Your emeralds are skittish? I had a school for my 40 and I loved them.
Terribly skittish, but I only have 4 of them in my 20g long. Any human movement near the tank and they flee for cover under their rock cave. OTOH, the 8 neons, 4 bloodfin tetras and honey gourami that share the tank with them are not spooky at all.

mesto

There's a FISH in the percolator!
Apr 28, 2012
My advice to everyone is to never put fish in a shrimp tank. Once a perceived predator gas been introduced, the shrimp go into survival (aka boring) mode. No more swimming around.. No more grabbing duckweed and slowly riding it to the bottom.. they lose a lot if their character. I put an ember tetra in my OEBT tank and almost instantly they were on the substrate under the driftwood.

Sent from my XT907 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Someone should tell my shrimp this. I have amanos and ghost shrimp, and a HUGE breeding colony of super tiger shrimp living with about 20 fish - pearl gourami, an australe killie, danios, and cories. The shrimp are all over the tank and act fearless. I even have a 6-inch carnivorous pleco and they walk right over his head. I have no idea how this happened or how you would re-create this. I originally bought the super tigers for a tank that had much smaller fish, and they were acting scared like you say and getting picked off.

mesto

There's a FISH in the percolator!
Apr 28, 2012
@ OP I think a school of harleys would look nice and probably be pretty shrimp-safe.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store