Changing water in my tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rexerreigns

Registered Member
Jul 3, 2019
Hi guys,

I'm new to here and i don't have much experience in fish management. I installed my 6 gallon tank 2 day's ago. In my tank i have 4 guppy's and 2 platy's. unlike other tanks my tank is buried in soil, cemented on it's sides and bottom.

Now i wan't your precious suggestion's and opinions in my new hobby.

How often i need to change the water in my 6 gallon fish tank? My fish tank have neither good surface agitation nor an air pump. If i continues to change the water, will it affect the fishes - like pregnancy?

Hoping u guys will help me.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
I'm guessing this is some sort of built in pond?

Without a filter, that's a death trap, quite honestly. Please, read up on the nitrogen cycle. Daily water changes and testing will be helpful now, with the aim of keeping ammonia less than 1ppm and nitrites less than .5 ppm, but long term, you need to add some means of handling ammonia. Plants work quite nicely.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I don't understand you set up very well. Soil & cement? Can you post pics & more info please?

I'd think 4 guppies & 2 platys are more than you water volume can easily support. Plants can help, but they're not miracle workers. How much & how often do you change water? What plants?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store