Check out this cold marine reef tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

coldmarine007

AC Members
Apr 15, 2008
New Zealand,(South Island).
Wow, what an amazing tank! Your nudibranch is so *cute*-and he's doing ok? I've read that most of them are very difficult to keep in an aquarium. Since you do your own collecting and are picking out of the wild, have you had any interesting hitch hikers? I've never kept sw myself, but am quite interested. I always find the hitchhiker stories interesting. What resources do you use to id all of your finds?
We only seem to have the pure white nudibranches here....they are more colourful in the north of New Zealand....the only thing I have to watch for is them getting sucked-in by the Vortech,which is why I only collect the larger specimens!
I do get occasional hitch-hikers....tube worms/crabs etc,but have never had a "problem hiker",unlike troubles often faced with tropical marine set-ups....probably because I have an identical biotope to where they live with the same seawater/PH levels,and no "die-off" due to transport and transfer times....they're in the tank within a couple of hours of being collected.
All my info comes from the Net....wonderful resource!

coldmarine007

AC Members
Apr 15, 2008
Beautiful Tank! It would be nice to see some of those close up shots with the names of what we are looking at. (can you tell someone may want to copy what you have done a little :))
Here's a few close-ups....all coralimorphs,(jewel anemones) except the large encrusted animal,which is a dahlia anemone that buries it's foot in the coral sand....

2009_040608729timelapse0004.JPG 2009_040608729timelapse0005.JPG 2009_040608729timelapse0007.JPG 2009_040608729timelapse0018.JPG 2009_040608729timelapse0019.JPG

coldmarine007

AC Members
Apr 15, 2008
Coldmarine,

Could you give up a current & complete stock list? Also, do you happen to know/have a list of fish that would thrive in a tank like this/at these temperatures?
The tank is an anemone/corallimorph tank....all of whom are the same species,just different colour forms.When I'm snorkelling I add creatures that I know will be tank safe,either by their nature or size.....there are plenty of fish/crabs/seahorses etc that I could include,but they wouldn't do well in this tank.....that's the secret of successful marine keeping....know your tank's limits!

BoCoMo

In need of grace
Mar 2, 2009
Missouri
The tank is an anemone/corallimorph tank....all of whom are the same species,just different colour forms.When I'm snorkelling I add creatures that I know will be tank safe,either by their nature or size.....there are plenty of fish/crabs/seahorses etc that I could include,but they wouldn't do well in this tank.....that's the secret of successful marine keeping....know your tank's limits!
Good advice! Tank looks amazing!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store