chipped glass

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

viper693555800

AC Members
Aug 28, 2010
this tank is trash now i was looking it over for ne more flaws and found a very small bubble looking imperfection in the front bowfront glass ne1 ever had something like this???

Rollinondubz200

rollinondubz2002
Jan 13, 2009
Southwest Florida
were u see the bubble looking imperfection at? have u tried to test fill it yet? is it like a chip or were someone might of hit it? does it feel like it bubbles out on the glass or does the glass feel smooth. if the glass fells smooth on both inside and outside of tank.. ide not worry about it.

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
Things like this happen all the time in glass making. An air bubble will get cought in the glass while it is being made. It shouldn't, however, have made it passed the inspection team and shouldn't have ever been sold. A tank can go it's entire existance with something like this as long as the glass, as Rollin said, is smooth on both sides.

viper693555800

AC Members
Aug 28, 2010
yes i test filled it and all went well but i guess i over looked that bubble looking imperfection but its smooth on both sides but on the inside i can feel a small opening into the bubble??? if thats explained good enough lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store