clown fish breeding need help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tsdpurdue

tsdpurdue
Feb 25, 2007
Indiana
They might breed on it. Usually once they pick a spot they usually do not want to change it. If you notice that is has been a few weeks and they havent laid anymore eggs it is becasue they are very particular about where they lay them and the surrondings. About removing the eggs there are a few options. You can remove them after a few days and place them in another tank. You will have to make some type of water movement. Depending ont he size of the tank, usually a few airstones will work. Another option is to leave them in the tnak until they hatch. After a few dayd the eggs will turn color and you will eb abel to see the lavra in the egg. This will give you the idea that they are getting close. If the other fish and inverts do not eat or destroy them you can aloow them to hatch in the main tank. Then you woudl ahve to siphon them out of the display tank. If you try this method make sure to turn off all powerheads and filters the night of their hatching (usually hatch at night or late evening every breed is different) After they hatch you will need a light of some sort and shine it into the tank. All of the baby clowns will swim toward the lights and you will be able to remove them. There are many ways to do this and you will jsut have to find out what works best for you. It will prolyl take you a while to discover and then master what is the best way for you. Good luck and keep us updated on how everything is gonig!!!!!!!!

tsdpurdue

tsdpurdue
Feb 25, 2007
Indiana
one peroid???? Clownfish will continue to breed and to lay eggs. As long as their health stays good and their stress levels stay low. Also if you mess around with their "nest" to much they will sometimes quite spawning. so if you add something to your tank or rearrange the rock they may be upset and you may have to change it back. They are very picky about their nesting site. Hope this helps. How long as it been since they last spawned????

buttered loins

GO SPRINGBOKS!!!!
Jul 9, 2007
Wollongong, Sydney, Australia
so you say that the clownfish will continue to breed every 2 weeks?
the clownfish, so far have bred twice over 4 weeks so far, thats why i wonder will they breed again in two weeks time.
thanks for any info

buttered loins

GO SPRINGBOKS!!!!
Jul 9, 2007
Wollongong, Sydney, Australia
ok the clownfish have bred again and this time they laid all there eggs on a piece of live rock that i can easily remove from the tank. should i take the eggs out now or leave them in the tank until they turn silver then move them into the other tank. but i have a 10-15gal tank with the same water as my main tank but it is not established. if i keep on doing water changes will the clown fish survive or not.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store