Clown Fish stays in corner ALL the time

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

5xevy

Member #62,749
Jan 3, 2007
Upstate, NY
You could either put him in a QT tank which 4 weeks would be the recommended time, or trade him back to the store for credit.
I thought of that at first too but then he'd need to cycle the QT somehow and can't seed it with anything from the display. Can someone else take the little guy?

If not, I would just carefully watch my water levels. I cycled my first marine tank with clowns because I didn't know any better. I still have the same 2 today.

Keep us posted!

:)

5xevy

Member #62,749
Jan 3, 2007
Upstate, NY
So how exactly should I cycle it like you did?
Oh I'm definitely not recommending it. I really didn't know better. I set up my tank, went out and got some clowns, and put them in. Hehe, no one should cycle a tank like I did.

Would you be willing to check to see if your LFS will hold it for you?

i_limantara

AC Members
Feb 28, 2007
Indonesia
So how exactly should I cycle it like you did?
i am not recomended using a fish for cycle... it just like you stay in the polution place of smoke polution.. etc

well... just put a little brain shrimp to make ammonia... the let it go....
3-4 weeks later... please check the nitrite level.... if it's 0 (zero) than the cycle done already

myfishbrian

Reefer
Jul 26, 2007
Rochester, NY
picasaweb.google.com
i am not recomended using a fish for cycle... it just like you stay in the polution place of smoke polution.. etc

well... just put a little brain shrimp to make ammonia... the let it go....
3-4 weeks later... please check the nitrite level.... if it's 0 (zero) than the cycle done already
I'd really rather not have to bring him back. I think I'll just take my chances.

Whats this about the brine shrimp? I feed him a mix of thawed/frozen brine shrimp and flakes. So I want amonia?

Marcus Fenix

bicolor anglefish-one of my favs
Jul 21, 2007
Canada
I'd really rather not have to bring him back. I think I'll just take my chances.

Whats this about the brine shrimp? I feed him a mix of thawed/frozen brine shrimp and flakes. So I want amonia?
to learn what cycling is, refer to the sticky threads in the newbie marine topics. you'll learn exactly what cycling a salt water tank is all about, the do's and don'ts of cycling.

follow those steps, it's vital if you want a healthy tank

SigPiPup

AC Members
May 1, 2007
Michigan

Since you probably won't bring him back, just keep an eye on the levels. Daily checks. Also, if it dies I wouldn't put another fish in there until the tank is actually cycled.

In regards to the shrimp, I believe he is referring to the method of cycling a tank with raw shrimp (for human consumption). It is mentioned in one of the several links already posted about cycling methods and procedures.

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
Yeah, don't put a shrimp in with that fish...just feed him a little bit, and like has been said, watch your big three parameters (nitrite, nitrate, ammonia) and if necessary, change out some water, but he should be ok....at least that's the hope! ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store