Clown-Lovers 75 Gallon Tank Log

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

wantvws

AC Members
Jul 15, 2007
Waynesboro, VA
Alright...the noob coming out here.....but what kind of Anthias is it? It's very nice. I'm still thinking about a school of them at some point, but that's a lot of money to fork out at once right now. I'm still not confident enough with my fishkeeping skills to jump into that yet.
I reeeaaaly like the coral beauty too.
Robbie

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Give the lady a Cigar..

I had a choice between that and a "pink".. I actually purchased a pink first but it didn't make it past 24 hours in the QT tank.. But then they had just arrived at a LPS that I don't normally shop at.. I bought this one from my normal place.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Alright...the noob coming out here.....but what kind of Anthias is it? It's very nice. I'm still thinking about a school of them at some point, but that's a lot of money to fork out at once right now. I'm still not confident enough with my fishkeeping skills to jump into that yet.
I reeeaaaly like the coral beauty too.
Robbie
Thanks.. I really like her as well.. But like I said in another thread she is the owner of my tank for the most part. She doesn't mess with anything and really is fun to watch.. Almost comical some days..

chucke

AC Members
Oct 19, 2007
York, Pa
Did you use any type of coraline booster? cause you even have it in that one pic of the PVC pipe? I really wanna get some better purples on my rock!

Your Tank is looking Great!

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Did you use any type of coraline booster? cause you even have it in that one pic of the PVC pipe? I really wanna get some better purples on my rock!

Your Tank is looking Great!
Thanks for the nice comments.. I appreciate it.
All I dose is Kalkwasser.. I maintain my calcium at 420 and make sure all of my other parameters are in line. I was told once that it takes time and to have patience and it will come. I have followed Niko's philosophy and it has returned itself in spades.

chucke

AC Members
Oct 19, 2007
York, Pa
www.carib-sea.com

theres that stuff called purple up. saw it today in TFH just thought about it cause i have alot of base rock,

OT Last part of the last southpark episode. haha in imagination world cartman is such a hog! lol

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Stay away from Purple up.. I thought about it at once until I read some really bad things about it.. You are just better off doing things the way they should be and it will come.. I had a TON of rock that had absolutely no purple on it at all and it is slowly changing. Just give it time..

To answer your OT.. Cartman has been and will always be my fav character..

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
BTW just to show you proof here is a picture from way back when my system had little to no coraline algae and the most recent FTS I have.. I haven't taken one in a while..

100_0218.JPG 100_0632.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store