Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

1. Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Co2, Fertilization, Algae and more updated 10/10

Discussion in 'Planted Aquariums' started by Mgamer20o0, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Slappy*McFish

Slappy*McFish Global Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 2, 2017
    You have to read the entire post. ;)

Making a Liquid Stock
    of Plantex CSM+B is more often mixed into a bulk liquid solution since some find it more convenient to dose their trace elements this way. The recipe for this solution is 1 tablespoon to 250ml water is equivalent to: 20 ml = 1/4 teaspoon of dry Plantex. This solution is stored in refrigerators to prevent mold from forming within the container. For making stock solutions for NPK use Chuck Gladd's Conversion Calculator.

2. DGC

DGC All in One

Darrell
    Feb 10, 2016
    Darrell
    Hello All

I can seem to get kno3, kh2po4 nor k2s04 in a form suitable for aquariums, perhaps i can use something like Starke Ayres plant food, it has everything in it (n, p, k, fe, cu, ma) it is more for out door plants - any suggestions

Darrell

3. dundadundun

dundadundun ;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!

Jul 12, 2015
  4. coach_z

coach_z AC Members

Chris
    Nov 19, 2013
    Chris
  5. captmicha

captmicha Le tired.

Aug 20, 2017
    Is there like, a C02 for Dummies type of article anywhere for a newb with a short attention span?

6. londonloco

londonloco AC Members

May 22, 2017
    great thread

7. uwanna

uwanna AC Members

Aug 27, 2011
    Go to Youtube and type in co2 for aquariums and you should find some how to's

8. monicatetra

monicatetra AC Members

Mar 24, 2016
    I noticed that API First Layer Pure Laterite wasn't listed in your substrate section. I know that you mix part of it with gravel and then cap it with gravel, and that is can make the water dirty. Any other advice, pros or cons, would be appreciated. THANKS

9. kok0puffs

kok0puffs Registered Member

joseph
    Mar 7, 2013
    joseph
    good read :thm:

10. AqEnthusiast

AqEnthusiast AC Members

Feb 27, 2015
    i want to go for dry ferts as mentioned on many of these posts for my 600L planted tank.. after studying many of these posts in last few days i believe that is the way to go for good plant health and growth.. but i dont know what is the way to test above parameters.. I thought of buying API Master Test Kit (AMTK) but realized that it does not test Phosphates, Iron and Potassium.. it covers Nitrates and Nitrites but that is not the only thing to test in this i realize from above and hence dropped the idea of buying AMTK.. so please suggest to me how to test above parameters..

(~180g, 4wx3hx2d feet, pressurised CO2, 150wx2 metal halides, 4dkh light green - not yellow not blue, good pearlings)