Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

1. Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Co2, Fertilization, Algae and more updated 10/10

Discussion in 'Planted Aquariums' started by Mgamer20o0, Dec 23, 2007.

1. AqEnthusiast

AqEnthusiast AC Members

Feb 27, 2015
    i have 100 g tank and i want to use above dosing regime..

i have one difficulty.. i dont have tsp.. i have gram digital weight.. so when above says 1 1/2 tsp or 1/2 tsp, how much gram that would be ?

2. Mgamer20o0

Mgamer20o0 BobsTropicalPlants.com
    Staff Member

Jan 6, 2017
    calc.petalphile.com

3. bescher

bescher AC Members

Bob Escher
    May 27, 2015
    Bob Escher

I realize this this is old but I am new here so here goes I have a 29 gal planted tank with flurite, and eco complete sand and very small gravel ( how ever they come as substrate. I have 5 amazon swords that are small haven't grown their tall single shoot offs , I have used excel, and flourish to no great success and in the last three week also a co2 tank (small) with a bubble counter and a ceramic differ user ( which works good) but the plant leaves slowly are losing color ( one by one on a plant and I trim them off)
    Ten hours of white and three of blue. I turn off the co2 when the light is not on.
    suggestions on the plants and what to watch for with the shrimp ( although they seem to be ok.
    i have excellent filtration ( 2 cannister filters, 2 sponge filters and a DIY floating bed filter which I started a week ago, aeration and water movement is excellent as well, slow with the plants moving slowly and the fish love them and the shrimp 6 so far are all over the place as well

thanks for any replies

4. FreshyFresh

FreshyFresh AC Members

Joel
    Yesterday at 5:01 AM
    Joel
    bescher, how long has this 29g been setup? Amazon swords are heavy root-feeders. You may need some root tabs. 5 of these swords in a 29 can overtake the tank. I had one fill a 10g and moved it to my 55. The root system it formed in my 10 was impressive. Why so much filtration on this 29? I have better luck with plants with very little water movement. Too much surface agitation will negate most of your CO2. FWIW, I used to add a gluteral product for CO2 (like Excel). I don't add any form of CO2 now. I let the fish/critters do that.

5. mcdanielnc89

mcdanielnc89 AC Members

Oct 5, 2016
    Question for you. If I buy the fluval 20g co2 system, could I buy a bigger co2 yank for it so that I'm not changing it so much?

6. dougall

dougall ...

Yesterday at 10:30 PM
    Personally I would look towards a regular or paintball CO2 tank and suitable equipment from there.

the new CO2 cartridges get expensive and dont last long, you also have to manually open and close the CO2 daily or have it run 24/7

give it a go if you can find a suitable deal, but seriously think about a refillable source of gas and a decent regulator... a solenoid valve would be a benefit too.

7. mcdanielnc89

mcdanielnc89 AC Members

Oct 5, 2016
    Clearly things have changed the past 8 years that I haven't had a planted set up. So, if you get the gist, I used to have the Hagen Nutrafin CO2 Natural Plant System. They have Upped the price on those now and the newer model, Fluval Mini Pressurized 20g-CO2 Kit - 0.7 ounces is completely different. I never learned much about pressurised CO2 systems, so do you have a good place that I could learn a few things about them, what they require, and all the bells and whistles?

8. dougall

dougall ...

Yesterday at 10:30 PM
    I dont think it has changed too much in the past decade, but people became more tired of yeast based CO2, so pressurized became more popular.

There are a number of links earlier in this topic which may prove useful. I am on my phone and dont know of anything of real value from the top of my head, maybe I will look tomorrow.

but if you have specific questions, start a thread of your own and ask away :)

mcdanielnc89 likes this.
  9. prynt18

prynt18 AC Members

Sep 10, 2016
  10. SnakeIce

SnakeIce AC Members

Frederick
    Yesterday at 10:01 PM
    Frederick
    fishorama likes this.